Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold the ridgeline few months back to as a down payment on a house, and I miss it every day. I got tired of the dodge fast as a weekend truck. Pretty much strictly a work a truck. It has Been a good a truck but with only wanting one vehicle, its time to move on and honestly I am tired of the uncertain wait for the new RL.
Unfortunately I still need a HD (wanted the eco diesel) for work and I am hoping this new ram will fit the void of having a comfortable truck again when not working.
Here is what I got.
2015 ram 2500 crew cab, white, 4x4, cummins, auto, big horn, luxury group, cold weather, rear camera, U connect, power pedals and some other stuff. sticker almost 57.
Got this for 47 out the door. This includes $500 towards a flight to Idaho to dave smith. Ticket cost me 250$, so the other 250 goes to the truck. and $500 credit towards an accessory which $450 went to spray on bed liner. so kinda got it for 46? (lying to my self to feel better)
I sold my other dodge for 23,5 so with me putting 25 down my payment on this (22k) is $395 for 5 years at 2.99.
I think I did alright.
Picking it up on the 16th. then drive and visit folks in OR and see some buddies that work in tire shops. Hoping to get some new tires and possibly leveling kit. :act035::act035:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Why do you need a 3/4 ton pickup? Then again, the Cummins is a proven powerplant v. the Italian-made Ecodiesel. Every time I'm tempted to consider another full-size pickup, I'm reminded of how useful the Ridgeline's trunk and swinging tailgate are.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im a General Contractor.
I did not enjoy driving the older dodge and bought the RL as a weekend truck or after work truck so I didnt have to unhitch my cargo or dump trailer.
Fell in love with RL, but I wanted to buy another house so the fun truck had to go.
Then I hated the old ram and harsh ride. Sold it, and bought a new Ram.
Its so nice! with coil rear end the ride ALMOST as good as the RL. I get same or better mpgs with that as the RL. believe it or not.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I got the itch and thought about the Ram Ecodiesel. Then I read some forums and, yikes, that itch went away really fast.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IF I didn't have to tow as much, I would have gotten the EcoDiesel hands down. I know what youre saying, but I'd still get one, plus they have 100k mile warranty on power train.
I also read somewhere next year RAM will switch to 36k or something like the standard through out.
I have 100k mile bumper to bumper for additional $2500... which I get back if I don't use.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
IF I didn't have to tow as much, I would have gotten the EcoDiesel hands down. I know what youre saying, but I'd still get one, plus they have 100k mile warranty on power train.
I also read somewhere next year RAM will switch to 36k or something like the standard through out.
I have 100k mile bumper to bumper for additional $2500... which I get back if I don't use.
THAT sounds too good to be true..... great deal.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
BTW, I miss the PS area. My grandparents and aunt moved there in the late 60s and my parents retired there in 77 - Royal Palms on Date Palm in Cathedral City. I remember hiking in the desert behind the park back in the 60s. My dad, aunt, and I used to hike up above Bob Hope's house when it was being built. My late wife bought a used Miata at the Lexus dealer there while we were on a winter vacation in 94 and we drove it back to Michigan. Dad had a 30 year retirement there, taking care of the handy-man needs of 50 widows, especially after my mom passed. (Um, that didn't come out right, but he did have a few girlfriends and eventually remarried.)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THAT sounds too good to be true..... great deal.
My thoughts, but 100k miles of towing and running AC daily, just a matter of time before I use it. I hope not

1 - 10 of 10 Posts