Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probelms started this week. usually you can press the keyless entry unlock button twice to unlock all the doors but now it will only let you unlock one door with the remote. and twice now the alarm has randomly gone off. this is a 09 with 79,xxx miles. any suggestions?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Do you still have the original battery in you RL ?.
If so would get it checked.Electrical gremlins usually occur when the battery is getting weak.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
New battery is a good suggestion if there is any doubt on the condition of the current battery. Also look for a corroded ground wire, and clean and reconnect both your battery terminals.

My RL had similar problems when brand new. It turned out to be a bad connection in the fuse box on the circuit serving that system. In my case it was warranty. Long story but in the end the dealer put their best mechanic on it for a whole day. I sort of doubt this is your problem since it has already worked fine for awhile. But bad connections can develop over time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies. I'll look into a new battery. I saw somewhere where someone suggested to unclip the hood security clip. the little wire that sets the alarm off if opened. I undid that hoping the alarm wouldnt trip again before 6am. it didn't but that doesn't mean it's the culprit. Also after i unplugged that clip the keyless entry works as advertised vs just unlocking one door. I also went around and checked all the door open/closed sensors to make sure they each tripped and dimmed the interior lights when opened and closed. so i'll get the battery checked and this sensor checked out as well.

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,804 Posts
I second checking the battery terminals for corrosion. At about 75K on the original battery I had some electrical gremlins. Bought a battery terminal cleaning kit for $10, used it and everything got better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts