Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
606 Posts
It just started doing this. I purchased this truck 2 weeks ago.
Check posts 5 and 9 above. I’ve found that if the FOB is in my pocket with the phone or other things, it sometimes does not see the signal and does the rapid beep. I either open and reclose the door, hit the lock switch on the door handle or pull the FOB out of my pocket and hit the lock button on it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Check posts 5 and 9 above. I’ve found that if the FOB is in my pocket with the phone or other things, it sometimes does not see the signal and does the rapid beep. I either open and reclose the door, hit the lock switch on the door handle or pull the FOB out of my pocket and hit the lock button on it.
I'll hop on this bandwagon. It happens to me. If the truck key is in my pocket with my phone, sometimes the truck will rapidly beep at me as I shut the door and walk away from it. The rapid beeping means that the 'auto walkway' lock feature didn't detect the key and will not auto lock the car. So you have to lock the truck manually - either via the key fob or by hitting the button on the door handle.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Ridgeline
2 Posts
Can you help me to identify the reason for sometimes when I get out I get the fast beep for a few seconds instead of the single beep.

I have looked in the manual and cannot see a reason listed for the fast beep. It only happens a few times and not every time.

Its on a RTL-E model.

thanks.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If your truck is running and you get out with the key on your person, you will get the fast "beeps" as you get farther away from the driver's door. This is a reminder that the truck is running and you are not in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Basically the repeated fast beeps when the truck is not running, it is telling you it is not auto locking the truck. This can be for multiple reasons, I am sure others can chime in on that. But the bottom line, the multiple beeps means your truck is not locked, so make sure you click the button on the fob.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts