Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using a Ratcheting Cargo Bar against those flex bed walls?
How far does it have to go before it encounters some "meat" to push against ?
Thanks

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E, Pacific Pewter
149 Posts
Have used mine a lot.

I usually just give it one click after pressing it firmly against the walls.

Usually only trying to stop boxes and totes from sliding around, up to about 250 lbs at a time.

Always cautious with the in bed audio, so I only use it on the top segment of the walls, where the screws are. Don’t really know what the structure looks like behind it, but it seems solid enough there.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have used mine a lot.

I usually just give it one click after pressing it firmly against the walls.

Usually only trying to stop boxes and totes from sliding around, up to about 250 lbs at a time.

Always cautious with the in bed audio, so I only use it on the top segment of the walls, where the screws are. Don’t really know what the structure looks like behind it, but it seems solid enough there.
Good answer, I appreciate it.
Maybe someone will come up with info regarding what is behind the liner. I will be mainly using one to hold back 8 freshly filled 5 gal plastic jerry cans. Thanks again.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good answer, I appreciate it.
Maybe someone will come up with info regarding what is behind the liner. I will be mainly using one to hold back 8 freshly filled 5 gal plastic jerry cans. Thanks again.
Looks like intuition might have served me well.

This is from a Google search, I’m sure there are probably pictures on this forum, but I haven’t tried searching here yet. May delve into that later…

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline Pearl White Black Edition
125 Posts
I use this one:

Reese Explore 1390600 40" x 70" Ratcheting Cargo Bar

The rubber end mounts fits in the grooves on the side of the bed. Extend and one click for tension does it for me.

I pretty much use this to keep my cooler from moving around with a strap. Came in handy when I went camping to keep stuff in place.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use this one:

Reese Explore 1390600 40" x 70" Ratcheting Cargo Bar

The rubber end mounts fits in the grooves on the side of the bed. Extend and one click for tension does it for me.

I pretty much use this to keep my cooler from moving around with a strap. Came in handy when I went camping to keep stuff in place.

View attachment 415887
I have the exact same one. Fits perfectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts