Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
radop211 said:
Anyone else have a rattle and if so how did you rid yourself of it?

Thanks.
Ours was self inflicted... with loose crud rolling around, we just put a towel at the bottom to keep everything from rattling off the plastic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
radop211 said:
Anyone else have a rattle and if so how did you rid yourself of it?

Thanks.
Yes, I've had the same rattle for about 2 months. Haven't had the chance to get rid of it but I think is got something to do with the seating of the airbag. My dealership told me it would be at least a 1/2 day job to check it out.

L

·
0 Posts
Somewhere on here is a post about something like that. If I recall..it may have something to do with the arm of the glove box being loose or disconnected. Try a search and see what you come up with.:)

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Does your glove box drift open slowly or drop open? If it drops open the pneumatic piston on the right side is disconnected and vibrating. It just snaps back on to a ball & socket type connection. Easy to put back on if you can contort yourself upsidedown so you can see it. This fixed my rattle.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hmmm...I will have to look into that, we have a rattle and we thought it might be the tape measure and such in our glove box, now I wonder if the arm isn't connected because our box definitely doesn't drift open. A light slam would be more like it.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
steveberger said:
Does your glove box drift open slowly or drop open? If it drops open the pneumatic piston on the right side is disconnected and vibrating. It just snaps back on to a ball & socket type connection. Easy to put back on if you can contort yourself upsidedown so you can see it. This fixed my rattle.
Steve is correct, but I won't describe it as "drift", more like a cushioned fall versus slamming open BAM! Mine was left off after my windshield was replaced. To reattach, I opened the glove box, with a flashlite shining on the cylinder (about 3 inches long), I reached under and around behind the box until I was able to grab the cylinder and snap it back in place. Be careful, there are a lot of sharp edges back there. BTW, right hand with flashlite, left hand the snapper.:)

·
Registered
876 Posts
I had a rattling glove box, even when it was completely empty. The dealer tried to fix it with padding, but that didn't work, so they replaced it completely and I haven't had a rattle since.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wife's accord had a rattling glove box. Investigation showed that the latch was rattling against the catch. Further investigation revealed a missing nut and bolt holding the dashboard together... It was replaced last week (they found another one missing further in the dashboard too).

·
Registered
774 Posts
Too bad for you havent had that problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts