Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently heard a rattle underneath my dash/stearing wheel area. It occurs when I drive on rough roads or bumps. Anybody else hear this? It's not anything real bad but it is annoying. My thought is that it may just be some plastic pieces rubbing together. I've reached underneath while driving (carefully) and tried to pull and adjust the lower plastic pieces, but no luck fixing it. It's almost like it's happening further underneath out of my reach.
Any ideas or similar experiences out there?

·
Registered
348 Posts
I had a rattle as well, but it sounded like it was coming from the middle of the dash or the windshield.

Turned out to be the glovebox. The latch mechanism required adjustment. Your rattle may be in a different place, but you may want to open the glovebox and drive to see if that is the issue.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had a bad dash rattle when I first purchased my vehicle. I scheduled an appointment to have it fixed and the rattle went away before I could take it in. It hasn't returned.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm, I'll check the glove box. And maybe my rattle will eventually go away with time too. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just noticed a slight rattle around my glove box area as well - took out what I thought might rattle and it is still there - will try just leaving the glove box open RTL 2000 mi

·
Registered
11 Posts
from various other posts these are potential fixes....check the washer bottle fill neck under the hood. It seems that the bolt to connect it to the sidewall is missing (this was my issue and it fixed the rattle). Others have found the front or rear struct leaking. Still others have found the rod connecting the glove box loose and banging around. Hope one of these is your problem. Nothing like having a noise you can't fix.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have an annoying slight rattle that appears to be coming from the top of the center of the stearing wheel. it sounds like something is loose and it is shaking. it doesnt happen with every bump( hence nyc) but i hear it from time to time when trying to listen to it or identify the area. ill check the waterbottle and listen for the glove box but i think its coming from the top of the center of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Same issue with ratting near steering wheel. Can't pinpoint it, but it only happens on certain bumps, and when the driver's front wheel takes the brunt of the hit. It's pretty darn annoying. I had a 99 Accord that I'm hard pressed to ever recall a rattle in the 7 years I owned it. I sure hope I can either find it or it goes away eventually. I was thinking about either inflating or deflating the front tire just a bit to see if a slight change would have an effect on the rattle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have about 900 miles on the rl and the dash noise has diminished to the point that i have to turn down the radio and try and listen for it. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts