Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
In my experience you can't see a bad sway bar bushing. A rubber mallet whacked on the bar near the bushing will sometimes "show" you if you have a problem.
Once the end links are removed, you can check the play on the sway bar to determine the condition of the bushings right? At least thats how I tested them.

Registered
2014 Sport
Yes most certainly if you remove the tension its easy to tell of there is play in the bushing. If I was replacing the endlinks I think I would just automatically replace the bushings.
If you don't have the endlinks loose then as I said its a bit difficult to determine if the bushings are causing problems. You can't just look at them and tell IMHO.

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
In this first photo, I thought maybe the passenger side had paint missing where circled, but it was just mud or dried water mark as it wiped right off.

I thought these bushings looked ok. Still thinking it鈥檚 the left ball joint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2014 Sport
I still think you can't tell by looking at them. I would replace them before you mess with the ball joint. It's a cheap repair but admittedly a bit of a PIA because of access to the bolts. BTW, the bushings are split so you don't need to remove the bar, just work on one side at a time.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts