Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally went down to my local dealership and presented my information and discussed price for a new Blue RTL.

I offered $27,400 and the dealer only came down to $27,833 plus $150 for mud flaps. I got up and walked out of the dealership. The salesperson stopped me momentarily at the door for one quick discussion that he supposedly had with his sales manager - but nothing differed. I wonder if they will try to call me and try to talk me into coming back in. I may try another dealership next. It is hard to find the standard RTL in blue though.

I wanted to wait until the end of the month, but my current truck is close to the verge of having some issues.

David

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
go4bal said:
I offered $27,400 and the dealer only came down to $27,833 plus $150 for mud flaps. David

$150 for mud flaps? No way, don't do it. Free or take them off, then get them at www.handa-accessories.com

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
It's hard to turn your back on a BLUE. I think you should go for it. Free mud flaps and their asking price. You could be driving in style instead of worrying that your rig will die on you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
MSRP of a RTL is 31490 and you were offered 27833 ... thats over 11% less...okay If that is what the average deal everyone is getting down in the US..then I'd better pack my bags and move down.. :confused: MSRP is canada is 40400 for the RTL or EX-L. I will be hard pressed to get atleast 5% off that price....JMO. :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
go4bal,
Get the Ridgeline before your other truck leaves you stranded somewhere! I'd shy away from all OEM add on's like the mud flaps you may want and get um at H & A or College Hills Honda Parts online. There way cheaper. It's a pretty good price and you know it's going to get even better as 2006/2007 models start showing up at the dealers. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I figured that the RTL costs them $27,033 so they are making $800 buy selling it at $27,833. I may give it a day or so and then go buy it. We'll see.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not a bad deal at all. Honda just instituted a 1000 to dealer incentive, so your quote of 278ish is only because of that. A few weeks ago you would have had a hard time getting that price below 30k. I just bought one on saturday for 28K and added the towing and fog lights inc. instl. for dealer cost. The internet is a great thing. Watch out they will try to get you somewhere for offering that low price. bad trade allowance, clear coat whatever, etc...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Remember it is all about your willingness to spend that amount of money. If you aren't willing to spend that amount then you shouldn't buy it. If you are then you may be wasting your time haggling over a couple hundred dollars.

When I got a price I was comfortable with, I made the deal, one day later and I got a price that was 2k below what I penned my deal for. I wish I had gotten the other price, but I am fine with what I did pay and happy I got my truck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's a pretty good deal, considering I paid about that much for an RTS.

However, you should never pay for anything you don't want (mud flaps), so walking was good. They'll call. They always do.

:)

·
Registered
176 Posts
go4bal said:
I figured that the RTL costs them $27,033 so they are making $800 buy selling it at $27,833. I may give it a day or so and then go buy it. We'll see.
go4bal- Where are you located? I work for Honda here in Washington state, let me know if I can help out.

Nevermind I already replied to your post that you already bought one. Congrats again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts