·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,118 Posts
I have a Boss sub and it's been very good for me for nearly three years now. That particular Chaos sub is way more efficient than the kicker subs and will do better in the smaller internal volume. Plus, you get two of them for basically about $80. Even if they only last a year, that's still a good deal. You can always replace or upgrade the subs later as you'll already have the enclosure. I'd jump on it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
That was the box I was wanting to get at first. But then I bought a subthump and now I have my custom made ported box. Still seems like a great deal for a box and 2 subs.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've got the same box but from Amazon with a single 10" kicker $~80 from best buy, with a Alpine MRP-M500 I drilled the center divider out and sealed the other hole with a cutout that matches the mounting holes of the subwoofer so a second could be mounted, but with 1 subwoofer and the amp gain set to 1/3 it has no trouble keeping up with a 4x450wRMS amp that drives all my door speakers, sometimes it can even be a little too much and I can use the factory radio to turn down my rear speakers that feed the signal into the Sub amp. If the included subs are more efficient (didn't look into it) I could imagine it making quite a bit of noise with a good AMP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts