Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Rear Bumper Reinforcement Bar 2007 Ridgeline

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  smufguy 
#1 ·
My rear bumper bat is rusted out and needs replace. I’ve been told they are on back order. I did some on line searching and found that A/M reinforcement bar are not available. Does anybody have information on this or can hook me up with a name and number to locate one.
I’ll take good Used bar preferably.
dlm52finley@outlook.com

#2 ·
It's on backorder because they aren't being produced anymore, unfortunately. The only thing you can do is hope to source one online from an obscure seller or find one in decent condition from a junkyard. Mine is not in great condition, either, so I'm hoping I can make it last a little while longer.

#3 ·
My 2014 was rear ended a while back and the reinforcement bar was replaced with a new piece. In 2009 Honda changed the design and I'm pretty sure you can still get the part for the 2009+ GenI's.
Does this help you? Probably not unless you want to give your trucks rear a face lift with the later plastic parts. The GOOD thing about the this part on the later Ridgelines is that it has a built in tow hitch and is a much cleaner design than having to add a hitch.
Good luck!

#4 · (Edited)
^^ Perfectly doable if you replace the reinforcement part and the rear bumper itself with the later design, as you said. That might get a bit expensive being that you'd need to have the bumper painted. Nevertheless, it is an option. I did find this: K-Metal® - Rear Bumper Reinforcement
I have no idea if this "replacement" piece is any good or not, but it's a start. I hate that Honda stopped making this part that takes a lot of punishment from rain, salt, and other elements. It rusts out WAY faster than anything else, it seems, and should be available. I know it's a bit of specific part to a specific vehicle that was only made from 06-08 (which was now over 12 years ago), but still. The front reinforcement piece wasn't changed from 06-14, so those are still quite readily available. Hoping this K-Metal piece is a solution for those who need it. I may jump in and buy one just to have it. I'm sure my shop will tell me my bumper doesn't pass inspection within the next year or two.

#5 ·
You can also start looking at salvage yards using Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market.
I just did a quick search and received two pages of results ranging from $75 to $250. I have gotten a couple of parts through them and you work with individual salvage yards and often you can bargain with them (one did, and the other did not, in my experience).
With this being a bolt on structural piece, I will surely go the salvage route.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.