Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some lowlife hit my rear bumper while I was in a restaurant and didn't leave a note. I know its a truck and its not "that bad" of damage, but the truck is pretty new so I would like to swap out the two scratched up pieces. The problem is that one of the pieces is the main rear bumper and it has a lot of attachements. Does anyone know if all of the other pieces such as reflectors and the chrome garnish can be easily removed and reinstalled on a new bumper? What all would not be able to be swapped? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Everything should be easily transfered over once bumper is off. It all just clips on and should come off no problem being as it is a newer vehicle.

Only thing i can see is the chrome strips might have double stick tape behind them. But wont know until bumper is off.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It looks just roughed up a bit. I would try scrubbing off any paint transfer and using one of the vinyl restore products to re-color that. Worth a shot. It is probably going to get bumped again.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes, try to buff/restore it first. Also, a good detail shop can do amazing things in buffing and blending scuffs. You might want to find one and go get a quote. It might be more cost effective than getting a new bumper fascia.

Paul.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts