Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will hopefully soon be a RL owner... I am struggling with my want list. I would like a 2010 for price/age reasons. However, I have kids and want a rear camera. This leads me to the RTL w Navi, but i don't care about the other features that increase the price of the RTL w Navi (namely the navigation system itself). The RTL w Navi are also a long way from home and I hesitate to buy without my trusted mechanic being able to inspect prior to purchase...

Thus, my question is: Can a rear camera be added to other 2010 trims? Or do I patiently wait?

·
Registered
790 Posts
You can buy one without navigation and save money by buying a double din headunit and installing a aftermarket camera, either by using the tailgate handle with the camera hole or a license plate camera. I'm going to add a license plate rear view camera because my back windows are now super dark.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Yes lots of posts here on how to do it. I have mine in a 2009 handle and an accessory monitor easy install!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Get an RTL without nav and add your own. Best of both worlds.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input. I am still learning the lingo of HU and DDHU. I saw a lot of discussions about these, but missed the meaning. I don't have the time or skill to do this myself. Anyone know a reliable place to get this type of work done? car audio place? dealer? other?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I was the same. I ordered everything of amazon and matched colors and for the illumination I used the orange. But If you don't want to do it yourself I say go to yelp and type car stereo installation and look for a shop with good reviews, at least 20 reviews and then make your decision. I been to places with 2 reviews with comments that they take too long and it's true. Hope this helps you

·
Registered
437 Posts
The RTS has one stock in the mirror:act030:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yes lots of posts here on how to do it. I have mine in a 2009 handle and an accessory monitor easy install!
EH, while I have not done a ton of research, you're the first one I've seen call it an easy install! Seems like running the video cable would be a pain.

Do you by any chance have a posting which gives your install information?

Thanks!

Flymo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts