Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 19 RTL. When I bought it, I had a Pioneer HU installed. I hated the back up camera screen and how bright the unit was at night. Yes, I had all the settings correct and the unit dimmed. So after 18 months of trying to live with it, I had the stock HU put back in. I'm much happier with this set up except for one issue. The camera seems to be on a fish eye view. Can anyone tell me how I can get the standard view back and if there is a way I can toggle between the different camera angles?

TIA

·
Registered
2019 RTL
857 Posts
Have you tried pressing the selector knob? If that doesn't work it may be a wiring problem.

BTW, your Pioneer must have been very poor to switch back the the OEM. I have a Kenwood and there is no way I would go back.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried pressing the selector knob? If that doesn't work it may be a wiring problem.

BTW, your Pioneer must have been very poor to switch back the the OEM. I have a Kenwood and there is no way I would go back.
Where is the selector knob? I dont ever remember having that stock.

The display was so bright at night that I had to put a neck gator over it or it would illuminate the entire passenger compartment.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
857 Posts
You should have a round knob on your display unit that has a center button (i.e. you can either rotate it or press it). Have you tried that?

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
5,381 Posts
On my '19 RTL, you toggle among the three views by pushing the "1" memory preset on the radio while the backup camera is active.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
857 Posts
On my '19 RTL, you toggle among the three views by pushing the "1" memory preset on the radio while the backup camera is active.
Ah, that's where it is :). My memory was hazy as I removed my OEM head unit (and never toggled the view anyway).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts