Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone interested, I have just completed the install of component speakers (separate tweeter and woofer) in the rear doors. Yes, I successfully drilled the door panel and everything fit. Nervous?... You bet! Pictures will follow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nicely done!

These are for the people on rear seat, aren’t they? Or, do you feel these improve the sound quality to the ones on front seat somehow?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I installed them to improve the sound quality in rear, match the front set I had already installed, and it turns out that it improved the overall sound for the front too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're asking what I used to replace the stock speakers, I used JBL GX600C. They're a 2-Way component package with a crossover.

·
Registered
389 Posts
No, I am asking what type of speaker did you replace (OEM). Are they midrange speakers or 2-ways? Crutchfield has them listed as 2-way, but some times crutchfield is wrong so I just wanted to check.

Also, what ohm are stock, 2 or 4? It might say on the back of the stock speaker.

Thank you

·
Registered
389 Posts
perfect, thank you very much! I didn't think they'd be 2-ways. I hate that crutchfield suggests replacing a mid with a 2way :(

Nice job on your install btw, looks clean

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm curious what the DSP unit is sending to the rears - full spectrum or is there a high frequency cutoff like for the front door midranges. Are you getting decent output from the rear tweeters?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm sorry I haven't responded to your question. I didn't see the notification email.

Yes, I am getting decent output from the component rear tweeters. I've ridden back there and another family member too. We both noticed a difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts