Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just the victim of a hit and run. Vehicle was parked and it looks like someone backed into it and ran off. I know the rear doors are replaceable but am concerned about the damage to the "door frame" because i think is structural. Cousin told me its the C pillar and the truck is totaled but I cant imagine a collision with this kind of damage would total it. Thoughts?
20210717_182555.jpg

Sorry about the multiple photos. Im trying to do this on my phone and Im not tech savvy or mechanically inclined

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,552 Posts
No Worries @Swampfox76. that's what your moderator team is here for. And in the situation, my technical skills would probably fly out the window too.

As for weather it's totaled, I'd be surprised, the value of used vehicles is so high, and they couldn't possibly replace it. I only know from my friend who was an agent if an airbag goes off it's doubtful, if several, it's totaled.

But the internet is full of opinions and many of them are here, contact your insurance if you want the real answer...

·
Premium Member
Red 2017 RTL-E
891 Posts
Man, that really sux @Swampfox76. Too bad our trucks don't have cameras like a Tesla. Would be nice to make the fool who did that pay for his trangression.
As @Carsmak said, call your insurance agent. Nothing else will really matter.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Did you file a police report? Your insurance company will send you to a body shop to get an estimate for repairs. The decision to repair or total the vehicle will be based on that estimate. I doubt it will be totaled but I would not be surprised if the estimate is over $10K depending on the underlying damage.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,630 Posts
@Swampfox76, definitely not a total loss. Your largest financial hit will be when the repair shows up on the Carfax report. Sorry to hear about the hit and run. That same thing happened when our Subaru WRX was parked on the street. The neighbor had a contractor back out of their driveway and slam into the wheel of the WRX, snapping the control arm and cracking the frame, causing $2500 in damage. That had to be a significant impact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts