Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What did I do today:

Replaced the Door lock actuator on the right rear door. Part Number 72115-SDA-A01

Steps: Tools: 10mm deep socket, Large Phillips, small Phillips, very small flat head. Trim Removal tools, Blue thread locker.

0. Start with window in the UP position.

1. Remove door Handle screws. The is is done by removing the trim cover to expose two screws behind the handle.

1A) (OPTIONAL) Then undo the cable. Take care not to break the plastic retainer that holds the cable to the handle. You dont have to do this step. You can wiggle the entire handle sideways thru the panel when you are removing it in step #5

2. Remove the screw inside the door holder.

3. Pop the door trim using "door trim removal tools" to prevent breaking the plastic clips.

4. Remove plastic trim above the door lock.

5. Lift door trim up and off the window lip.

6. Unclip the Power Window connector and the bulb from the low corner of the door.

7. Remove white plastic sheet carefully from right side. There is a plastic hole cover in the upper right, pop that out first so that you dont tear the sheet.

8. Remove window track bolt. 10mm socket.

9. Remove screw that holds the Door Pop Up latch.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: Joined today in anticipation of Purchase 08

10. Loosen the 3 Bolts that hold the door Latch. DO NOT REMOVE the top right. There is a NUT that you need to loosen from the inside with a Deep 10mm Socket. Dont Lose the Nut.

11. To the left of the NUT above, you will see a thick round bar connected to the latch. It is help in place by a brown plastic clip similar to the style on the door handle. You have to slide it off to the right first before you can pull the bar off. Dont break this plastic clip.

12. Remove the Three Lock Screws now that you have removed the Nut and also disconnect the Two electrical connectors. Make sure you find those tabs on the connectors and squeeze them in.

13. You will have to Wiggle the Entire latch out past the Glass Track Rail (whose bolt you removed in #8). You will figure it out. Just take you time and note the angle at which you removed it so that you have an idea how to get it back in.

14. There is No need to remove the two cables from the door or from the latch. You can just work on it in your lap.

15. Remove this screw, Unclip the 2 plastic latches and slide out this metal prong.

16. Slide Plastic cover up and along the cables out of your way of the actuator.

17. Remove Screw and unclip the cable from the actuator. Then carefully slide actuator from latch while removing the GREEN plastic lever. Look on the other side you see where it has to slide off a metal rail.

18. Install New Actuator and Put it all back together.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks for this write up, it was super easy to follow & get the job done.

Great pics & explanations. Much easier to follow out in the shop then the 25lb manual :D

:act035:

·
Registered
1 Posts
A friend of mine has a 2011 Riddgeline,

The driver rear door will not open from the inside or the outside.
He came across this thread, while it's very detailed on how to replace the part... How can he open the door in order to service it ?

·
Super Moderator
6,869 Posts
Unfortunately the site the OP used to host them has an issue possibly with this site or something else. THIS IS WHY WE NEED MEMBERS TO ATTACH OR HOST THEM LOCALLY (on Site).

EDIT: I have PM’d @christianrance but unfortunately he hasn’t been on the site since 5/22/18. I do recall that he’s stationed outside of the US, and if I recall correctly he’s actually “out on tour” so hopefully it’s like 6 months and he’s just been busy, since late November.

I will try to find the images and recover them, as this was a thread that I had subscribed to for future reference as this is a thread that I will need in the next few months.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Wow, where did all the photos go. I use my Private Hosting site not a public site so the links should not have been removed.

-----------

Update: jan 22 2019
I am at a loss: If you quote the original message you will see the Embedded IMG links to the images. All the links are still good. However, for some reason the Forum wont show them. If anyone has any idea why this is happening, please let me know.

Update:
Seems the forum wont allow me to pull the images from my server so I had to create an album in the forum and use the links from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for getting back to us. I may need to wait a couple months to replace that actuator although the part is in hand..sitting at -35C in this arctic cold. 😬

·
Registered
2 Posts
A friend of mine has a 2011 Riddgeline,

The driver rear door will not open from the inside or the outside.
He came across this thread, while it's very detailed on how to replace the part... How can he open the door in order to service it ?
same issue with my Ridge but on rear passenger side. Did your friend ever find an answer?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts