Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1120 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any more thoughts on this simple swap/update or is everybody in the garage pulling their door panels off? My Ridgeline has less than 900 miles on it and I'm stuck in a chair recovering from knee surgery but have bumped my knuckles on the rear doors enough to be very interested.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My concern, is the new door stop actually stopping the door or is the hinge at its limits? I would hate to have the wind catch the door and cause some kind of damage while relying on the door stop that is too long.

^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
My concern, is the new door stop actually stopping the door or is the hinge at its limits? I would hate to have the wind catch the door and cause some kind of damage while relying on the door stop that is too long.
I need to confirm this but from what I can see and feel, the door check stops the door and starts compressing the rubber end right before you reach the hinge limiters. If you push on the door hard you will hit the hinge limiters.

Edit: I confirmed the door check stop the door before the hinge reaches its limiters. I pushed really hard and could not get the hinge to hit its limit. It looks like it was hitting but I was able to put a piece of paper between the hinge and the limiter and I could pull the paper out even when pushing really hard.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I thought the Corvette Forum was costly, Oh Boy here I go again, only kidding I love this stuff
Did this so far

Remote Pop n Lock
Wheels & Tires
Rugged Toneau cover
Honda Rubber mats
Honda rear underseat storage
Trunk & console dividers

·
Registered
101 Posts
I thought the Corvette Forum was costly, Oh Boy here I go again, only kidding I love this stuff
Did this so far

Remote Pop n Lock
Wheels & Tires
Rugged Toneau cover
Honda Rubber mats
Honda rear underseat storage
Trunk & console dividers
Yeah, some people would say it's a downside but not me.

And, unlike the trunk dividers @ $40.00, $27 for both door checks is fair! :smile:

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
...I confirmed the door check stops the door before the hinge reaches its limiters...
I'm hoping this means that if your kid is having a temper tantrum and throws the door open hard, there won't be any damage. :)

I gotta think there will be a very big group of beta testers for this mod. When the jury comes in, I hope they nominate you for some kind of ROC award for discovering and vetting this hack. It may not be the ultimate fix for the rear door access issue, but it looks to be a relatively simple and inexpensive improvement to an annoying design glitch.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I trust what I am reading on this thread, the questions I would have asked have been answered in full ... I will officially become a beta tester also in a couple weeks...
Parts on order.

My dog is a little skittish of getting in and out because of the narrower door opening compared to my 2015 Taco, He is getting use to it, I need room to be in the door opening to assist against hard landings by lifting on my dogs harness to take some of the weight off as he jumps out... That narrow back door opening has been my only real complaint about this truck.

Thank you! That is one hellofa great first post!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just received this from Bernardi..

My name is Nathan and I am writing to update you about an item you had ordered. This door check 72340-TG7-A01 is currently on national back order with American Honda. Honda has no release date. Hopefully Honda will have a release date within a few days. I will give you an update when I hear from Honda.

·
Super Moderator
6,756 Posts

My name is Nathan and I am writing to update you about an item you had ordered. This door check 72340-TG7-A01 is currently on national back order with American Honda. Honda has no release date. Hopefully Honda will have a release date within a few days. I will give you an update when I hear from Honda.
Interesting, and that didn’t take long :frown:

·
Registered
101 Posts

Just lovely! :frown:

·
Registered
3,245 Posts

Maybe ROC has a lot more readers than registered users. Or Honda has a very small supply on hand.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Maybe ROC has a lot more readers than registered users. Or Honda has a very small supply on hand.
I doubt that this part is something that breaks or needs to be replaced much, so Honda probably did not make very many. A handful of us ordering them was probably enough to zero-out their global inventory, outside of what they have for the assembly line, that is.

I wonder if Honda will take notice and look into why people are ordering these parts.

21 - 40 of 1120 Posts