Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 60 of 1062 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just received this from Bernardi..

My name is Nathan and I am writing to update you about an item you had ordered. This door check 72340-TG7-A01 is currently on national back order with American Honda. Honda has no release date. Hopefully Honda will have a release date within a few days. I will give you an update when I hear from Honda.
Yup. Someone at Honda parts is going to be scratching their head wondering why the sudden run on front door checks (assuming they aren't already ROC subscribers)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Order your parts now. Cause Honda loves raising price once the get more and figure out they are selling. Happen to us Tsx guys when we discover the brake caliper cover (with Acura logo) from the RDX would fit our TSX caliper. It was like $8, they went on back order and came back in stock at $29 after that hahaha

·
Registered
150 Posts
I ordered these door checks from Bernardi Honda yesterday and received this note today:

This door check 72340-TG7-A01 is currently on national back order with American Honda. Honda has no release date. Hopefully Honda will have a release date within a few days. I will give you an update when I hear from Honda.

I guess the ROC has already wiped out the available supply!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Maybe ROC has a lot more readers than registered users. Or Honda has a very small supply on hand.
The power of the ROC -- there are definitely many unregistered readers!

With all the consternation over the narrow rear door opening expressed here, and the fact that CR and other reviewers also noted it as an annoyance, it's no surprise that the posting of this hack would quickly exhaust the supply of front door checks. It occurred to me over a year ago that a hack to allow the rear door to open wider was a good aftermarket opportunity, and I mentioned it to JB at Burtman Industries. It may still be a worthwhile aftermarket pursuit, especially if Honda jacks up the price on the front door stops.

But the big question for me is will Honda take notice and make this change at the factory? Or is their mystery reason for restricting the rear door swing still valid in their view??

PS: How fast do you think front door checks will disappear from junked G2 RLs? Maybe ROCers should go for that option before the junk parts dealers catch on and start price gouging. Then again, I don't imagine there are that many junked G2's yet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Guess I need to get on board an order mine before they raise the price!��
Wonder if college hills has any? I’ll do search and see.
Did a quick google search and went and ordered left and right side. May not get an update till tomorrow sometime. Ordered from colonial Honda. We shall see how it goes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I ordered mine at lunch and got the same email a little while later. I ordered a couple other things so I asked if I would have to wait for the rest of my order, including the left door check, and have not got a response back yet.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I ordered mine immediately after reading the first post. I got an order and shipping confirmation, so I guess I put my order in before they ran out of stock. The door opening width is probably affects me negatively more than anything else with my RL.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Three black milk crates, plastic... $Free.99. If I hadn’t found those, I would have used two pieces of plywood cut to fit and painted black.

Yeah, some people would say it's a downside but not me.

And, unlike the trunk dividers @ $40.00, $27 for both door checks is fair! :smile:

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Go to a body shop. Surely they have priority when accidents happen.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am definitely doing this, however, while scoping out my rear doors I noticed the trim piece that covers up the screws behind the door latch are missing. The front doors have covers, and they fit the rear. Looking at the parts diagrams it is unclear if the rear doors come with the covers. I find this hard to believe, especially on my near top-of-the-line RTL-E. Anybody else have missing covers? Would like to know before I take this issue to my dealer - I know they swipe pieces off new vehicles occasionally.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Right one is gone on eBay after I purchased the last one. Still some +$4 higher priced left ones and says it's on fire, 5 sold in the last 24 hours. I got the same back order email with no future release date from CheaperHondaParts.com attempted order.

41 - 60 of 1062 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
333 Participants
Hoss Coog
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing