Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

61 - 80 of 1484 Posts

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
72380-TG7-A01 has been superseded by 72380-TG7-A02. Called local dealership, they can get the left one for me tomorrow, but the right one is on back order.

They wanted $23.47. I said no thanks, I can get it online for $9.02. She dropped the price without hassle to $12.97, plus a 10% discount. Woot!

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Looking at the pics of the parts on the first page (they seem identical to me), is there anything that would prevent simply turning one over and using it on the other door? (I realize in the pic, they are both from one side, just front and rear door stops)

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
i too am shocked that it took this long for someone to try this. after i saw nervey's video way back, it seemed like it would be a simple fix to just install a longer door stop. the door opening isn't a major deal for me, so i just never even looked into it. thanks @kmharvs33 for testing this out.

i just ordered a pair from https://www.hondapartsnow.com/ we'll see if i get a shipping confirmation.

·
Registered
290 Posts
72380-TG7-A01 has been superseded by 72380-TG7-A02. Called local dealership, they can get the left one for me tomorrow, but the right one is on back order.

They wanted $23.47. I said no thanks, I can get it online for $9.02. She dropped the price without hassle to $12.97, plus a 10% discount. Woot!
Isn't this part for the front door?

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Yes. That’s what this entire thread is about, using front door stops on the rear doors.

Isn't this part for the front door?

Reactions: ModernViking

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks. So to do this hack, do I order Left - 72380 TG7 A01 (or A02) and Right - 72340 TG7 A01?
The left part number is 72380-TG7-A02.

Not sure if the right number has been superseded or not. If you are ordering from a dealer, they will know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
This has got to be one of the most interesting ROC anecdotes for the G2. I really can't wait to see if Honda changes the rear door check on the MY2020. It's not a huge deal but it does help to improve rear seat/cargo access without requiring a design change to the doors or hinges.

·
Premium Member
4,134 Posts
This has got to be one of the most interesting ROC anecdotes for the G2. I really can't wait to see if Honda changes the rear door check on the MY2020. It's not a huge deal but it does help to improve rear seat/cargo access without requiring a design change to the doors or hinges.
If they do it, you can probably bet it will be around 1mm shorter than the front door stops, and have their own unique part numbers. >:)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Rear Door Opening Hack

I just installed the left side that my local dealer had in stock ($13 OTD).

Took less than 10 minutes.

I have no idea why Honda doesn't use the front checks on the rear. I see no issues with clearance at all.

Doesn’t look like much of a difference in your pictures. Could you provide opening measurements of new door check vs old? Or has someone else done this? Don’t get me wrong, any little bit will help, and I will be ordering the door checks, I’m just wondering if someone has actually measured before and after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Doesn’t look like much of a difference in your pictures. Could you provide opening measurements of new door check vs old? Or has someone else done this? Don’t get me wrong, any little bit will help, and I will be ordering the door checks, I’m just wondering if someone has actually measured before and after?

Kinda hard to truly relate just how much of an improvement it is.

At the narrowest point, between the front of cup holder and the rear edge of the door opening, I gained approximately 1.5".

I know that doesn't sound like much but trust me, having the rear portion of the door more out of the way makes quite an improvement in access.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
While the difference looks trivial, I do believe the small change will be a big improvement over the current setup. It's not so much increasing the width of the opening at the hinge side of the door, but getting the latch end of the door out of the way to allow a more linear approach to the back seat with larger objects is where the change will be noticeable. This won't make it as accessible as the G1 back seat, but it will be an improvement.

·
Registered
225 Posts
With the current setup and a car seat in the middle it’s a real PITA getting a double gun case or similar in to sit on the floor behind the front seats. The car seat doesn’t help matters but it’s gonna be there for a while.

Looks like it should help

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
611 Posts
I just checked the panels on my truck, all 4 small panels are installed.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just ordered my checkers as well, and my dealer can get the one in tomorrow, however the other is on back order like everyone else stated. Thank you for discovering this MOD, it is greatly appreciated to the OP!

61 - 80 of 1484 Posts