Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1041 - 1060 of 1116 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Where do I get the extended rear door checker for my 2019 ridgeline
From the dealer. They're about $10 each at mine. Or order online from Bernardi or Hands - worth checking with your dealer though since shipping & handling can be excessive for small parts.

You want front door checkers. You'll install them in the rear but the rear door checkers are the same short ones that are stock.

Here are the part numbers.
72340-TG7-A02
72380-TG7-A02

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where do I get the extended rear door checker for my 2019 ridgeline?
You can get the parts from your local Honda dealer or online. I ordered mine from College Hills Honda. Part #s are listed numerous times in this thread.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just did this mod the weekend when I was replacing the head unit and spaeakers, By far the best mod for the truck, Hmmm, now a quick mod needed to fit a sliding rear window :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
You can get the parts from your local Honda dealer or online. I ordered mine from College Hills Honda. Part #s are listed numerous times in this thread.
I ordered the part(s) as a "kit" from a Honda dealer. Discription stated: to "widen the door opening." It included right and left side parts and took 10 minutes per side at most to install.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have to do this now. Literally could not get a large box in the back seat. Measured it and it would easily fit, just could not finagle it to get it past the stupid door.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Am I glad the Gen1 did not have this problem; at its tightest point of entry (from the door armrest to the nearest body panel protrusion) there is 35 inches of clearance. If the Gen1 had the same rear-door opening issue as the Gen2, it would really piss me off. I really hope Honda is listening to you all and does this very simple fix of the 2020 RL.

·
Registered
89 Posts
This info is probably somewhere in the 53 pages of comments, but wondering if this "fix" improves rear-seat access to near the gen 1 opening size.

I have a 2007, but it's getting a little grungy at this age/mileage (152k) and my wife thinks we should consider getting a moderately-used gen 2. Really like the cavernous rear-seat area/access in my gen 1 though.

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
The rear-door fix for the Gen2 will not increase the size of the opening to the same as the Gen1, but it will make it better than stock. The rear-door frame on the Gen2 is the limiting factor.

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did this mod to my Ridge this past weekend. Very easy to do and now my large cooler slides into the back seat much easier!

·
Registered
36 Posts
just have to comment that the fact that Honda was able to stamp that long sheet of Gen 1 side panel was pretty amazing
I believe I read that it wasn't stamped from a single sheet - what was technically difficult and amazing was the laser welding of the pieces. It's (or was at the time) the longest laser welded seam in a production vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
I believe I read that it wasn't stamped from a single sheet - what was technically difficult and amazing was the laser welding of the pieces. It's (or was at the time) the longest laser welded seam in a production vehicle.
It wasn't laser welded. It was a single piece of steel that was double-stamped.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It wasn't laser welded. It was a single piece of steel that was double-stamped
Hmmm...I'll let my TiG instructor know. He was pretty certain about it when he found out I bought a Ridgeline. I did see the door arcs are last welded now so maybe that was what he was thinking of.

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Hmmm...I'll let my TiG instructor know. He was pretty certain about it when he found out I bought a Ridgeline. I did see the door arcs are last welded now so maybe that was what he was thinking of.
Here's some more information...

As a quick example... the Lincoln plant has two stamping lines. The bed side panel on the Ridgeline is the largest stamped body panel Honda makes. They already have to stamp that panel in a two-stamp (unusual) process that takes twice the time to stamp. I have discussed this with the stamping line manager... to stamp anything longer would require a completely different stamping press. A new stamping line would be a couple hundred million dollars.
I, too, saw the stamping press during a plant tour in 2010. That thing was a monster.

"The new Ridgeline, barring the rounded front end, is squarer, with the first-gen’s massive single side-panel stamping replaced with a 2-piece panel, creating a sharp corner instead of a curve where cabin meets bed." - Ward's Auto

"The previous body side, already the largest stamping Honda produced, was so long that the die extended beyond the press, and the manufacturing experts weren't willing to move farther beyond the tool's dimensions." - Car and Driver

1041 - 1060 of 1116 Posts