Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1061 - 1080 of 1117 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was skeptical of this mod as it is a brand new truck and why would I start taking it apart. It’s perfectly brand new! However after months of thinking about it and watching videos I decided to attempt it. Now after completing this project I have to say the results are amazing. Wish I would have done it sooner. So much better access to the rear seats. Thank you all for paving the path for this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered the strikers and had them before taking delivery of my RTL-E. I installed them the day I took delivery and also debadged the tailgate because it looks cleaner with just the Honda H, plus I just had the Ridgeline ceramic coated. The rear door mod makes it much easier to load and unload groceries and it'll make it much easier for passengers. This is a no brainer mod.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered the strikers and had them before taking delivery of my RTL-E. I installed them the day I took delivery and also debadged the tailgate because it looks cleaner with just the Honda H, plus I just had the Ridgeline ceramic coated. The rear door mod makes it much easier to load and unload groceries and it'll make it much easier for passengers. This is a no brainer mod.
To debadge does it just take a heat gun?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Has anyone had a dealer perform this fix?

I’m considering buying a new G2, and if so might ask them to replace the rear door tethers with the front door parts, i.e. negotiate the price + this mod.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Has anyone had a dealer perform this fix?

I’m considering buying a new G2, and if so might ask them to replace the rear door tethers with the front door parts, i.e. negotiate the price + this mod.
I tried doing the same thing when I bought mine but my dealer said they would not make the swap as it's technically an unapproved part for that location and would void the warranty on that part of the truck. They did, however, throw the replacement door checkers in for free as part of the purchase (since they're so cheap), so I just did it myself when I got home. Very easy.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I tried doing the same thing when I bought mine but my dealer said they would not make the swap as it's technically an unapproved part for that location and would void the warranty on that part of the truck. They did, however, throw the replacement door checkers in for free as part of the purchase (since they're so cheap), so I just did it myself when I got home. Very easy.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Their point makes sense. Glad it was easy' will just do it myself too.

Did it make a big difference? I sometimes carry large objects back there in my G1, and would hat giving that up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did it make a big difference? I sometimes carry large objects back there in my G1, and would hat giving that up.
Out of all the people that have done it, I have not seen a single negative experience.

On a side note, has everyone just thrown away their original door checkers? Is there any reason to keep them?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience. Their point makes sense. Glad it was easy' will just do it myself too.

It makes a significant difference. I can't recommend this mod enough. It's how it should have come through from the factory.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Out of all the people that have done it, I have not seen a single negative experience.

On a side note, has everyone just thrown away their original door checkers? Is there any reason to keep them?
LOL, I was just looking at mine in the garage yesterday wondering the same thing. I'll probably get tired of seeing them laying around at some point and toss them

·
Super Moderator
4,718 Posts
I kept mine so I can reinstall them if I decide to trade in my truck for another Ridgeline. The new one will probably still need them.
Your comment made me think of all the things I will have to remove from my 2017 RTL-T if I decide to upgrade:
  • Rear door checks
  • VCM Muzzler
  • Engine bay lighting
  • Hood props
  • Electric Pop and lock
  • Front dash cam
  • Blue lighting in glove box and center console storage
  • Glove box damper
  • HID lights
  • Dual horn setup
  • Undercover Ultra Flex tonneau cover
  • BedRug
At least I did not purchase the side steps or the roof rack.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I did this mod yesterday on my 18 Pilot EX-L. Much easier to get in the back seat. The door opens almost as wide as my wife's 17 CRV. Best $30 I've spent in awhile.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ordered them up yesterday, finally. Had been on the fence since I'm not in the rear area very much but the wife made the statement that she really wished the rear doors opened farther while helping one of our dogs in the back. She is gone this weekend on a girls trip and it will be done before she returns.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just checked shipping and they sent it out USPS. Well I guess I won't be doing this any time soon. I hate that they tell you they use Fed or UPS and then do that smart ship hand off. Adds a week to 10 days to get parts.(n):mad:

·
Super Moderator
12,330 Posts
I just buy them locally at list price (currently $16.68 each) since that's about the same price as buying them online when you include shipping - and the dealer gets them the next day.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just buy them locally at list price (currently $16.68 each) since that's about the same price as buying them online when you include shipping - and the dealer gets them the next day.
Exactly what I should have done

1061 - 1080 of 1117 Posts