Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1461 - 1470 of 1470 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
To fill the trunk with a case of beer while listening to tunes emanating from the bed.
I hate it when the door goes all the way and ding, I hardly ever have the door wide open to get in, or maybe Honda installed them in error,
I just asked if someone tried the swap, that is all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Purchased my checkers over the winter. Installed them yesterday. It really is as easy as everyone says. I did the driver side then talked my son through him doing the passenger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did his a couple of months ago and it makes a big difference putting items in the back seat. I have also replaced the rear tailgate latch with a locking color matched lock, both of these things are simple to change out even if you don't have any mechanical skills.

Update 1-22-20: New details have emerged on 2020 rear hinges. It looks like the prefered method for 2017-2019 models who want larger rear opening should use the front door checks from 2017-2019 on rear. The 2020 rear door checks require 2020 rear hinges to function properly on 2017-2019 models. See post #1294 for video explination. Thanks gravis86!

Original Post:
I increased the rear door opening by installing a set of front door stops/ checks on the rear and it works perfectly. No rubbing or conflicts of any sort.

P/N Left: 72380-TG7-A02 (replaces 72380-TG7-A01)
P/N Right: 72340-TG7-A02 (replaces 72340-TG7-A01)

How to install in post #412 (Thanks ValJean9430)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just did this yesterday as one of my 4th of July Ridgeline projects. Makes such a huge difference, especially when having to place a child car seat or reaching in to put my grandson in or take him out of the seat.

Just be careful removing the speaker. Once the top screw is removed, just slightly twist the speaker a little sideways to allow the lower square clips to release from their mounting holes. I didn’t know how to get the first one out and broke the lower clips. Once I saw how it was mounted I was able to remove the 2nd one without a problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just completed the upgrade on my 2019. Has to be the best bang for your buck upgrade. Only took about 30-40 minutes to complete and it helps out so much. Car seats, dog kennels, big boxes go in so much easier.

·
Registered
2017 RTL-E Rear-door mod, LED fog-lamps, bed cover, LED back up lights, LED full interior bulbs.
17 Posts
I completed the door mod on my 2017 RTL-E white, with no issues. Did not really even need to take the whole door skin off entirely. Both sides done in about 20 minutes. Easy to do, and trouble free. Doing a speaker upgrade in this vehicle would be a snap! No broken clips, and no hassles. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've recently purchased a 2017 Ridgeline EX-L, and so far, very satisfied with the truck. I ordered the longer rear door checks from my local dealer, at $17CAD each, with the parts coming in the day after. Disassembly was rather straight forward, especially after watching a Youtube video and refering to the photos in this forum. I did have to go out and buy a set of inexpensive panel removal tools from NAPA, at $8CAD, to make sure I didn't damage anything. Once I was done, I tested the door openings, without having closed them up before hand. All in all, worked out ok. I figure about 15 minutes per side to make the mod. I would suggest that the rear window be kept in the up position, as there's limited space to get the new door check in place. Very pleased with the outcome. Now there's a lot more entry space to the rear and there's no interference with the front door.
Chris
Gatineau, Quebec, Canada

1461 - 1470 of 1470 Posts