Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was training my 3 legged dog to get in and out of the Ridgeline using the Running Boards and the rear door is the easiest for him (need to get some anti slip tape for the door jams he needs to step there before the running board coming out). Did well for his first day (He's 10+, 1 lung, No tail, 2 1/2 legs (missing front right - right rear is only connected by muscle) but he felt so proud of him self doing it.

Anyway...

I was looking at the rear door panels making him get in and out and WOW what a lot of wasted NON storage space - sure looks if I cut a hold in the door panel there is a ton of free storage space (I might be wrong - Just looking at it)

Does anyone make after market door panels - Probably not.

Just an observation

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Interesting thought. I seriously doubt there are any aftermarket door panels out yet - a lot of the more common aftermarket accessories are still being developed or just now coming out. A good customizing shop could do it but it wouldn't be cheap. I've had a few thoughts about what a good custom builder could do - probably a good topic for a thread all it's own.

BTW - sounds like you have a pretty cool dog. He just wants to go for a ride in dad's new wheels!

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I was training my 3 legged dog to get in and out of the Ridgeline using the Running Boards and the rear door is the easiest for him (need to get some anti slip tape for the door jams he needs to step there before the running board coming out). Did well for his first day (He's 10+, 1 lung, No tail, 2 1/2 legs (missing front right - right rear is only connected by muscle) but he felt so proud of him self doing it.

Anyway...

I was looking at the rear door panels making him get in and out and WOW what a lot of wasted NON storage space - sure looks if I cut a hold in the door panel there is a ton of free storage space (I might be wrong - Just looking at it)

Does anyone make after market door panels - Probably not.

Just an observation
You could order the Honda version and play around with it. Looks like the cost is about $125... probably not much more expensive than the after market ones. You can drill down to find it here: Shop Genuine Honda OEM Parts & Accessories Online - Bernardi Parts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Nice thing you are doing for your dog to get him the chance to ride in your Ridge. I knew an old dog like that, his name was 'Lucky'. Anyway if you check any good hardware store they have nice rubber herringbone non slip rubber adhesive back mats, like on the floor boards of a riding mower. Might look better and give your dog a little better footing on the running boards when getting in and out. They should mold to the contours of the running boards nicely. Just a thought.

Danny K.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts