Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2006 RTL w/Nav 250,000k
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post this if anyone else is having problems. My window wouldn't work in this door. Also the light didn't come on and the speaker didn't work. The lock worked. Hmmm?
Thought I would start with the window 1st. Tested motor with a jump pack, it rolled up and down. Switched switches with the other back door, no go.
Checked wiring, all I could see looked good.
OK, probably master switch. Ordered new one, no go.
Then door lock quit working... :cry:
Thought maybe the multiplex thingamabobber.(complicated/expensive, maybe I don't need to worry about that door soo much) :eek:
Wait! Let's start simpler, work up to that.
Started taking out wiring harness (oh, that stupid rubber boot between the door and cab! How'd they get the plugs through there!? ) Decided to cut the rubber boot off.
I think I found my problem!
Deep down in the boot where I couldn't see the first time, 6 broken wires! Crimped them back together and the door is 100%functional! Yay! 馃コ
Frustrating but the cheapest fix.
Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

Registered
Good find.

I take it you鈥檙e not the original purchaser and you don鈥檛 know any history of why it鈥檇 be so torn up.

Registered
2006 RTL w/Nav 250,000k
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, not the original owner. Bought it as a project for $2700. Had the heads machined and valve work done. Runs like a dream now and is an amazing truck! I'm in love already. Just have to figure out the Nav problem and it'll be sorted.

Registered
For $2700, I guess finding a few things like this doesn't wipe the smile off your face as you go down the road. Nice!
Worse things than navigation to go without too, in the age of constant updates on mobile devices. Good luck with bringing back full-functionality.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts