Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my kids are already missing the headrest monitors I'd installed in my G1, and the G2 headrests are too small to do the same. I know the Pilot with a sunroof is offered with a RES in the roof...anyone have any ideas on whether an aftermarket unit is an option for an RTL-E?

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
Unless your kids are really tall, I don't think that that's going to be the case.

· Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very happy with the install. I didn't have them hook up the dome lights since they wouldn't match the factory ones, and left the fm modulator out and instead they brought a 3.5mm audio cable through the drivers pillar and under the seat into the center console. $250 for the unit (Advent ADV29, low resolution but very OEM look), and $250 for install. Very secure install with minimal headliner movement when the unit is opened and closed.

Attachments

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
Clean install. No interference with the sunroof? and how about a pic of the 3.5mm jack plug-in?

· Registered
55 Posts
spend your money on tablets or iPads....and just get a generic mount for the headrests - not as clean but far better utilization than a dvd -
To each their own but I'm 100% with you on tablets/iPads. When you arrive at destination (Grandma's house), the device is easily detached and comes in with the children. Can't do that with DVD console.

· Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,815 Posts
To each their own but I'm 100% with you on tablets/iPads. When you arrive at destination (Grandma's house), the device is easily detached and comes in with the children. Can't do that with DVD console.
Not completely true. The headrest DVD players I installed clip off and can be plugged into an outlet. Sometimes my front seat passenger will watch one with it plugged into the 110v cig lighter power up front. They come with both power adapters. Each one has its own DVD player and games built in. A DVD installed in one unit can be viewed on the other.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...touchscreen-headrest-dvd-player-monitors.html

Attachments

· Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The clean install was important to me, and I wanted something that my wife could just stick a disc in if she's driving the RL. Plus, the theater seating in the RL makes for an awkward angle to look at the headrest.

I went back and forth a lot, and enjoyed having headrest players in the G1, but I'm glad that I went this way. It's definitely a matter of opinion, though.

· Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, it definitely blocks the mirror a bit when it's in use. With all the mirrors and nannies on RTL-E though I don't find that to be a big issue, and I can move my head to look "around" the screen, if that makes any sense, when needed.

· Registered
55 Posts
Not completely true. The headrest DVD players I installed clip off and can be plugged into an outlet. Sometimes my front seat passenger will watch one with it plugged into the 110v cig lighter power up front. They come with both power adapters. Each one has its own DVD player and games built in. A DVD installed in one unit can be viewed on the other.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/...touchscreen-headrest-dvd-player-monitors.html
How cool! I had no idea there were detachable players.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.