Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Husky has a great idea for the rear floor mat. It's a one piece floor and under seat mat. Take a look Ebay.
Could not copy and paste pic sorry.

·
Registered
231 Posts
These look really nice. Has anyone owned their products before and do they last?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
On the driver side front mat.. I wondered what are those 2 bumps on the right side are for ??...be careful as it might interfere with the gas pedal movements..etc.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I ordered the front set on Wed. I was interested in weathertechs but their quality has gone downhill and the fact they will not warranty their product when you wear a hole in it has turned me off from them. My dealer actually used to sell Weathertechs and has since switched to Husky as he had to eat the cost of 10 sets of mats that Weathertech would not warranty.

·
Registered
231 Posts
On the driver side front mat.. I wondered what are those 2 bumps on the right side are for ??...be careful as it might interfere with the gas pedal movements..etc.
I would like to see a pic with the drivers side mat in place. Just to be sure, I doubt it would be a issue, the liability would be huge, but need to be sure.

·
Registered
606 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Rather have the weathertechs IMO
I looked at the WeatherTechs, however, they're currently only offering "trim to fit" for the RidgeLine (when I last looked). I ordered the Ridgeline brand from Bernardi, and I'm EXTREMELY satisfied with them. They fit like a glove -- better than a glove, are apparently as high quality as any WeatherTechs I've ordered in the past, and have the Ridgeline logo molded in.

They don't go under the rear seats like the Husky liners above (only replace the rear mat), however, since I have a cargo bin under the rear seat (which is working out great - also from Bernardi), I couldn't have used it anyway...

A note on the cargo bin (actually it's called the Rear Storage System pictured below). It also fits perfectly, holds more than you'd think, and attaches securely through two threaded slots under the seat, that you wouldn't know were there, unless you were installing this accessory.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I usually buy Lund Catch All mats. I think I might have to give these a try. As for WeatherTech, they where considered one of the industry's best. My friend bought some for his 2015 Tundra. They seemed to be thinner in quality there for more flexing when you step on them.

Thanks to the guys who posted pic of the Husky mats!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
That is a great idea from Husky. Not sure on the G2 but the G1 OEM Honda Under Seat liner was really slippery and not that great. This 1-piece rear idea makes a lot of sense.

Too bad Honda doesn't steal the idea for their OEM mats (never know, Husky may have a patent). I've bought Honda, VW and RAM OEM rubber mats in the past and have been happy with the quality and wear (RAM especially - great OEM all weather mats and not expensive). Only on my Infiniti did the OEM mats suck (due to premature wear).

If the Husky's have the quality people say, this is a great way to go...

ONE QUESTION: Are these as slick at the WeatherTechs? One thing I like on the OEM rubber mats is heavy stuff set on the floor stays put...

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had the Husky liners in a Toyota 4Runner for 8 years - look as good as new still - great product. Have Weathertechs in my wifes car and son's car - they do not hold up nearly as well IMHO.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Just for the record, I got an email from weather tech just today saying they have officially released them for the Gen2 Ridgeline if any of you are interested. That being said, I too have had several weathertechs on various vehicles and they are not that great. They fit very well and do offer great protection but the material used is rather cheap IMHO. Hopefully the Husky brand is better.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Rather have the weathertechs IMO
I looked at the WeatherTechs, however, they're currently only offering "trim to fit" for the RidgeLine (when I last looked). I ordered the Ridgeline brand from Bernardi, and I'm EXTREMELY satisfied with them. They fit like a glove -- better than a glove, are apparently as high quality as any WeatherTechs I've ordered in the past, and have the Ridgeline logo molded in.

They don't go under the rear seats like the Husky liners above (only replace the rear mat), however, since I have a cargo bin under the rear seat (which is working out great - also from Bernardi), I couldn't have used it anyway...

A note on the cargo bin (actually it's called the Rear Storage System pictured below). It also fits perfectly, holds more than you'd think, and attaches securely through two threaded slots under the seat, that you wouldn't know were there, unless you were installing this accessory.

I bought my RL back in july and had bought the All Weather Mats from Honda just to have something in place before the weathertechs come out. I have the rear under seat cargo mat from Honda also, so if i do get the husky or weathertechs it will only be the front 2. I feel like the back is good enough for me. However i also feel like if im getting just the fronts i might as well get the whole package. I dont know what i want though, husky or weathers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts