Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day

I am looking for some info on the rear main seal replacement, actually i want to know the simplest way to do it without a car lift handy. ideally i would like to get the tranny out from the top but i am not sure it is possible has anybody done from the top? By the way i did do some searching before posting and couldn't find much info.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Unless you take the motor with it out the top...It aint happening. Best and easiest way would be to drop the whole subframe out and do it that way. But period its coming out the bottom. You might be able to have enough room to just scoot the tranny over as far as possible to get enough room to do that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For people just finding this thread:

Out the bottom on the 12 ton jack stands from hf will give you enough clearance. Don't need a lift, but you will want one once your done.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I agree with these guys. Highly doubt you will get just the motor out the top. The only way I know of is drop the sub frame and pull the trans. But you gotta get the truck off the ground high enough to do that. Maybe get yourself some 8x8 railroad ties from The Depot and make some cribbing than jack her up and get them under it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts