Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do our windows (specifically the rear) have some sort of time out or lock out function I wonder?? My 3 year old was playing with the window and I hit the lock button to stop her from doing that. At some point between me trying to raise the window and her trying to lower it the window was stuck in the down position. I could not raise it or lower it from my switch or her switch. The lock button was not depressed and all the other windows worked fine. After finding an alternate route home since I didn't want to hit the freeway with that window down, the window was working normally a few minutes later when I tried it again. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't know if I have a short or if its just some sort of safety feature to protect the window motor from constant use. I have had this truck since November 2019 and I have not messed with anything window related.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Try the power window reset procedure.

Reactions: Jago

·
Registered
4 Posts
The exact same thing happened to my 2019. My son was playing with the window and I locked it. Window was halfway up and I would not close or go either way. I turned the truck off and waited a bit. It then closed with no issue. It has worked fine since

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I will save this for the next time since my little ones do like to play with the window controls alot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts