Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2006 Ridgeline with 300k miles. I notice the rear passenger windows don't go down. Both left and right windows will not go down even with the window buttons on the driver side or each individual button on each window. So I decided to change the window regulator and motor. But even then it still will not work. Now both windows are stuck halfway down and I cant leave my truck like that. So if I changed both window regulators and it still doesn't work, what could be the problem.

·
Registered
2013 Sport
624 Posts
It sounds like an electrical issue so I'll offer a few troubleshooting steps:

1. Confirm the window lock button isn't depressed on the driver's controls - always start with the obvious...

2. Check the fuses for the windows - again the obvious.

3. Try locking your driver door from the outside with the key, and hold the key in the lock position. If things are working correctly this should raise all the windows.

If none of those address your issue then I think you may need to replace the control module for the windows. I've not had to tackle that project, but I believe it may be contained in the drivers window controls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for respondin.

I checked the window lock button and nothing happens.

As for the fuses they all look fine, i switched the fuses with new ones and still nothing.

Did the door locking thing, only the 2 front windows went down.

Since I replace the window regulator, I use a tester and it seems to be getting electricity. Maybe its not getting enough since I also tested it the old regulator i had nearby and still nothing, I thought it could be something jammed in the window path.

I bought a 50a/50a multi block fuse that seems to be for the power windows. And a new driver console for the door and windows. Hopefully it works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts