Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of seatbelts for my rear seat.
Does anyone know if I may use belts from other Honda models? Or is there any other model with the same or similar fastening brackets as the Ridgeline?

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Play it safe.
Brand new OEM and put in what belongs there.
Its a life saving device.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,586 Posts
NSXer, would that be some valid reason to use other than the RL seatbelt? Do you have problems getting OEM RL parts in Norway?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a long story, but the Ridgeline was not sold by Honda dealerships in Norway. Only as an import of used cars; from 3 months old and up. Not many was sold, and by different import companies or as private import.

Due to tax rules, the rear seat was removed and the front console replaced with a third seat. The tax cut due to this action resulted in a sales price less then half of the price with the rear seat in place.
Normally the rear seat, seat belts etc would follow the car when re-sold. Unfortunately this is not the situation with my Ridge except the seat which I found stored in a damp cellar at the first owners house.

I know I can get new seat belts from an US or CA located dealer (thanks to LetRidgeline for the parts inventory link), but it will be terribly expensive. Safety first by all means, but please understand I need ALL bits and pieces for the belts except the two locks located on the seat itself. In addition I need all installation hardware for the seat itself; nuts&bolts, floor hooks, plastic covers etc + some interior trim parts like the B-pillar handles and the plastic rear door sill covers. All this was removed before registration.
Finally, there is still appx. USD 3000 to be paid in tax before the rear seat can be approved.

So, I cannot get these items from the dealership for a reasonable price. I have searched eBay for months, contacted many salvage yards in the US and CA, tried different Honda forums etc. etc. Having little luck so far, I thought I might enhance my chances by including other Honda models which might have interchangeable parts with the Ridge. Non of the US models being sold in Norway, so I am not familiar with the interiors or which models are based on the same platform. So I have turned to the vast knowledge gathered in this forum in hope of finding a solution to my long time search.

·
Super Moderator
22,586 Posts
Jon,

Understood. I do not know the answer to your question. I hope someone who might know will stop by this thread and help you out.

That is a dilemma.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
*** Scratches his head ****

Help me get on your page NSXer ( amazing car BTW. I have had the pleasure of driving a few. After you fix them you gotta make sure you did the repair correctly right ;) )

So you have a Ridgeline US or Japan made. Shipped to you in Norway with no rear seating what so ever. No seat, no belts, nothing. Is that correct?

Now I can only assume that the integral mounting points exist. I can not imagine any scenario where Honda would make a four door body with out the seat belt mounting points existing. So you would need at minimum two belt assemblies and two latch assemblies.
Having put in a few belts in my time they usually come with mounting hardware.
You are saying, you cant get these parts at what you consider a decent price even if shipped from the US ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
K-Dog7469 --- I think what NSXer is trying to say is that he simply asks us to help him getting all what he needs to get the rear seat back into his Ridgeline. I hope I read him right.

NSXer, whatever reason there is or are for you, my .02 thought would be like this. Take pictures of the back of your truck, making sure they are clear and detailed especially where you want parts, and post them here so some of members here can help finding them for you. When and if you have someone travels to US or CAN whom you can trust, try to arrange the parts to be brought back to you by the person. This way, you may not have to continue living in your dream but to make it reality of your life.

Hope that helps. If not, oh well ...

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car was imported with the rear seat and everything intact. Before registration, and due to the tax rules, everything concerning the rear seat was removed. A sheet of metal covered with fabric was mounted instead. (I have quite a lot of space behind my front seats now...)
Normally these parts should follow the car when re-sold, but in my case someone did not bother to put them in the car, and over the years they have disappeared. Except the seat itself which I have now in my posession.

As I wrote earlier, I will still have to pay an considerable amount in tax when I get the rear seat installation approved, so I am trying to source used parts as much as possible.

I am very aware of the safety aspect, but I find it safe to buy seat belts second hand as long as it has not been used in a collision and they are fairly new. If any other model belts will fit my Ridge, I will have a bigger chance to find what I am looking for. This goes for the belts only. I do not expect any of the plastic covers and floor hooks to be interchangeable.

·
Super Moderator
22,586 Posts
Yes, his RL had to be modified to remove the rear seat to enjoy significant tax savings in Norway. The original owner did the mod. Now Jon wants to restore the rear seat but does not have the original seat belts and apparently does not have a reasonable way to obtain OEM RL seat belts.

My thought... have a friend in the USA get your seat belts and ship them to you. Is that practical?

Jon, look over this site and see if you can find what you need:
http://www.collegehillshondaparts.com/auto-parts/2006/honda/ridgeline/rt-trim/5-speed-automatic-engine/interior-bumper-cat/seat-belts-scat

Perhaps you can get the part numbers and go from there.

Edit: I see Jon replied while I was working on my post!

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Okay I gotcha' now.
Its just dollars and cents.

The only access I have is to new OE stuff. I dont have access to used.

Unfortunately the vast majority of cars in the junk yard are there because of collisions. ( not all mind you ) You would be hard pressed to find a junk yard that would sell seat belts out of a wrecked vehicle, although not much surprises me now a days.
You have an up hill battle but not impossible. That said I would not know here to begin.
There is a guy parting out his Ridge in the "FOR SALE" section. Perhaps he can help.

Good luck and let me know if there is any thing else I can do. Sorry I could not do more.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any input is highly appreciated, also the wishes for good luck.

I have been owning my Ridge for 9 months now, and spent many hours searching the net for parts. That is the game of having "exotic" cars in the collection like the Ridge (yes, in Norway it is), the NSX and even the little N600. Some parts are hard to find, other parts I do not know the proper name of so I have used the wrong terms.

I am not complaining. It is very rewarding when I finally can "PayPal" a new part.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Any input is highly appreciated, also the wishes for good luck.

I have been owning my Ridge for 9 months now, and spent many hours searching the net for parts. That is the game of having "exotic" cars in the collection like the Ridge (yes, in Norway it is), the NSX and even the little N600. Some parts are hard to find, other parts I do not know the proper name of so I have used the wrong terms.

I am not complaining. It is very rewarding when I finally can "PayPal" a new part.
(OFF TOPIC ALERT!)
Wow! Sorry to stray off topic, but I hope you are enjoying that little N600. I can't imagine how hard it must be to find parts for THAT! We drove similar vehicle when I was stationed in Japan from '72-'74. It was the station wagon version (they call it a van), and it did not have the 600cc engine (that was for export), but had the 2 cylinder air cooled 360cc power plant with 4 speed manual tranny. That little front wheel drive car, with split rim 10" wheels/tires (with tubes!), did remarkably well getting around in the snow ('was stationed in northern Japan). BUT, you could sure tell the difference in it's ability to get up & go when you had 4 people in it vs. just 2. I guess ours was the LN360.... 1968 model I think? Ours had the swing open rear door, which we loved (like in the video link). Some had tailgate arrangement. Most of our friends had the coupe, so our little station wagon was less common. I found a video of one just like we had, except for color (ours was cream color). My wife learned to drive stick shift in that car (left handed shifting) on an abandoned flight line. This little down-sized car worked perfectly to the driving-feel of we Americans over there. The KPH speeds together with the very small roads & tiny cars felt about the same driving as it did being back in US driving larger cars on bigger roads at equivalent MPH (50kph felt the same as 50mph back home). If I recall correctly, the local speed limits were 50kph on primary roads, and out on the "highway" it was 80kph. Those were pretty small roads up north. Check it out here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NTrsLeC0Us
http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1967n360/page05.html

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, Dnick.
I have a fascination for the small Hondas and this van is really a rare one. Honda also produced a small pickup in the 60s - the T360. Would love to have one.
My N600 was bought separated in unmarked boxes. I have done some rust-removing but have not yet started to build the car again. Maybe on the road again in 2-3 years...

To get back on topic. My priority now is to have the Ridge 100 % back to OEM so I can use it as my daily drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts