Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recommendation on an inexpensive (i.e., less than $100) rear seat cover for the dog. I'm looking for something that is machine washable, easy to install/remove, can be folded and stored under the seat, and doesn't slip all over the leather seats when my dog moves around. Being waterproof would be desirable but not essential.

· Premium Member
3,748 Posts
This may not be what you are looking for but I just mounted a black bathroom rug in my roaster's leather passenger seat for my Corgis. I installed grommets in the corners and used bungee cords to attach. The rug is machine washable and the rubber back keeps the rug from sliding around. Too early to tell if this is the final solution but the cost was reasonable. Rug and grommet mounting kit were purchased at Walmart.

· Registered
51 Posts
I use a rubber back runner rug that I purchased at Walmart. I have been using one for the past 15 years. They fit just right, do not move because of the rubber and protects the seat from liquids. You can wash it and store it under the seat. It also lasts for a good while. Right now I own a gray 2017 RTLE with gray interior and have a burgendy rug on the back seat for my Lab. Hopes this helps.

· Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reading countless reviews on pet car seat covers I purchased the front seat cover and hammock XLSUV rear seat cover made by Petego. (https://www.amazon.com/Petego-Seat-Protector-Front-Gray/dp/B006BAQNGI?th=1) Amazon has crazy good price on tan front seat cover of $15.90. Normal list price is $44, but I did find it as low as $32 from other vendors. It fits the Ridgeline front seat really well. Fabric feels very sturdy so it should protect seats from any damage. Quick easy on/off and folds into a nice small bundle easily stored under rear seat. Dogs have not given it a test run yet. Anyone interested should refer to the reviews posted on Amazon site.
Also decided on tan hammock rear seat cover, but have yet to install it. Price for me was $66.90 (currently $44 :surprise:). I was able to find the tan XL SUV cover from several vendors for $66.90 price. I went with the hammock design to keep dogs from scratching back of front seats and trying to stand on center console.
When I get a chance I'll try to take and post some pictures.

· Registered
160 Posts

· Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
After reading countless reviews on pet car seat covers I purchased the front seat cover and hammock XLSUV rear seat cover made by Petego. (https://www.amazon.com/Petego-Seat-Protector-Front-Gray/dp/B006BAQNGI?th=1) .
Just quick update on Petego front seat cover and rear hammock seat cover. Front seat cover fits RL leather seat great. I sat in it and tried to move my butt around and cover didn't budge.
On the rear hammock seat cover I went with the XL SUV vs the regular cover. The width dimension for the XL is listed as 58 3/4", whereas the regular seat cover width is 51 3/4". I measured the rear seat width at ~55". So the reality of it is the XL SUV seat cover drapes over the side edges by a couple of inches, which is a good thing, but the centers of the back and front portions of the hammock, between the mounts to the rear seat and front seat headrests, have excess material and pooch outward. From an aesthetic standpoint it doesn't look as nice as the pictures, i.e., pulled tight across back and front, but from a functional standpoint gives more protection to outer seat edges. I debated returning back seat hammock cover for regular size, but consulted with the dogs and they said they really didn't give a rat's ass so I opted to keep XL.

· Registered
37 Posts

· Registered
292 Posts
After reading countless reviews on pet car seat covers I purchased the front seat cover and hammock XLSUV rear seat cover made by Petego. (https://www.amazon.com/Petego-Seat-Protector-Front-Gray/dp/B006BAQNGI?th=1) Amazon has crazy good price on tan front seat cover of $15.90. Normal list price is $44, but I did find it as low as $32 from other vendors. It fits the Ridgeline front seat really well. Fabric feels very sturdy so it should protect seats from any damage. Quick easy on/off and folds into a nice small bundle easily stored under rear seat. Dogs have not given it a test run yet. Anyone interested should refer to the reviews posted on Amazon site.
Also decided on tan hammock rear seat cover, but have yet to install it. Price for me was $66.90 (currently $44 :surprise:). I was able to find the tan XL SUV cover from several vendors for $66.90 price. I went with the hammock design to keep dogs from scratching back of front seats and trying to stand on center console.
When I get a chance I'll try to take and post some pictures.
This is very similar to the one I got from Amazon. I haven't tried it out yet since Ellie is my granddaughter. We usually have her every weekend and I pick her up. My daughter and son in law have two, one for each of their cars. It is almost too big for their cars so I am pretty sure it will fit my Ridgeline. I hope it works because Ellie likes to look out the window and suck up to you by putting her head on your shoulder.

Yes, I think my daughter gave birth to the dog!

Oh, mine was 20 on a lightening sale.

· Registered
26 Posts
I use this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019EOQ6AK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I typically put the seats up and put a pet bed in the back for my 2 dogs. I used zip ties on the child seat fasteners to allow me to clip the back of the hammock to the rear of the truck. Have no issues with it moving or exposing any of the rear of the truck to the pups hair.
Would you mind posting some photographs of your set-up with that cover? Also, have you had any issues with your dogs scratching up the inside of the doors, cupholders or windowledge?

Thanks.

· Registered
1,245 Posts
This may not be what you are looking for but I just mounted a black bathroom rug in my roaster's leather passenger seat for my Corgis. I installed grommets in the corners and used bungee cords to attach. The rug is machine washable and the rubber back keeps the rug from sliding around. Too early to tell if this is the final solution but the cost was reasonable. Rug and grommet mounting kit were purchased at Walmart.
I bought these on Amazon for less than $20. Work great and easy to remove. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YRS7E28/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Looks like they're out of stock. I also added the door protectors
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KOCJ1GW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

· Registered
66 Posts
We didn't think our two dogs would easily be able to jump up onto the seats, so we are folding up the seats and letting the dogs sit on the floor. We purchased a "Maximum Comfort Pet Bed" from Doodlebug Duds which was custom ordered to 30x54 inches to fit the rear floor of the Ridgeline. when we need to use the seat, it can be folded up and stored under under the seat. The price was $75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,660 Posts
We didn't think our two dogs would easily be able to jump up onto the seats, so we are folding up the seats and letting the dogs sit on the floor. We purchased a "Maximum Comfort Pet Bed" from Doodlebug Duds which was custom ordered to 30x54 inches to fit the rear floor of the Ridgeline. when we need to use the seat, it can be folded up and stored under under the seat. The price was $75.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Heck that looks comfy enough I'd want to nap there!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.