Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Please do. I haul my kitesurfing buddies around post sesh and need better protection than a towel.

So I got my rear seat covers installed yesterday night. I ordered them after our new baby projectile spit up twice in the first week after I got my Ridgeline! It will also help with the dog slobbering all over after hikes.

I have not had seat covers of any kind before so I can't compare them to anything directly, but my first impression is that they are well made. They have a sort of glossy, rubber/plastic finish on the inside and a typical neoprene type finish on the outside with "Ridgeline" stamped into the seat backs. They aren't super thick or bulky, but feel durable. They also fit pretty snug.

The install was relatively painless. I struggled a touch with the passenger side upper corner as the back cushion seemed to be a touch tighter on that side so it was harder to get everything tucked around it. The inner flap of the armrest cover also kind of baffled me as I wasn't able to jam my hand in far enough to find where to stick the Velcro. I'll probably check that out again later.

The only negative was that it introduced another off gassing scent sort of like the trunk, but much less offensive. I pretty much pulled them out of the box and installed them an hour later so they didn't exactly have time to air out. After a day in the vehicle it doesn't smell as strong, but it's still there a bit.

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Thanks for the info. My 2 kids made a mess of my last car of 9 years that I just traded in (bought it when was oldest was 2 months). Had thought about getting this, but wasn't sure how it'd look. Might have to add yet another accessory to my growing list.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Does anyone here have the rear seat covers? If so, please share your opinion.
I installed mine a couple of weeks ago. My main goal was my dog in the back seat who made a mess of the leather seats in my 2006. The fit is excellent. I've taken the dog all over the place and had three kids in the back seat for several hours. Found various remnants of ice cream cones, etc. Fit is excellent and they are comfortable, although I'm not sure how comfortable they would be on a long drive, since they probably don't breathe at all.

One note: My only concern is for the seat, not the back or headrest, so that is the only part I installed.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I know new buyers want to cover their seats immediately, but I'm sure that Wet Okole will have a RLII set out very soon. IMO they are the best seat covers manufactured.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I know new buyers want to cover their seats immediately, but I'm sure that Wet Okole will have a RLII set out very soon. IMO they are the best seat covers manufactured.
Good tip. I wonder if the front seat covers they offer for a Pilot are the same? Even Honda doesn't offer front seat covers and I wonder if that is because of the airbags?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have used GT Seat Covers (gtcovers.com) on a variety of cars and trucks and found them to be superior quality and reasonably priced. Emailed them recently to ask when they would have rear seat covers. They said they would have the pattern in a few weeks. So, if you're not in a huge hurry, check them out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got the seat covers and they fit like a glove! I think they will do well! I went to my dealer and showed them the price from an online retailer! They came within ten dollars. I would have spent more than that for shipping!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've got a 5- and 3-year old that will trash the cover on a regular basis. Is the cover machine-washable? Does it come clean pretty good? For those that have washed it, any trouble getting it back on?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've got a 5- and 3-year old that will trash the cover on a regular basis. Is the cover machine-washable? Does it come clean pretty good? For those that have washed it, any trouble getting it back on?
Mine exists only for my dog and I only have it on the seat, not the backrest. Take the dog walking in mud, etc. The material seems impervious to dog claws, mud, etc. I mostly use a whisk broom, but also a wet rag. Nothing has adhered yet. It has the consistency of wetsuit material, but tougher.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had to have the rear seat cover. My 2 daughters, 8 and 5, make a terrible mess. The dealer installed it. It fits well and is well made. I haven't had to take it off to wash it yet, but it wipes off pretty easily. I'm very satisfied.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 43 Posts