Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Suggestion for those of you that can't see out the rear window. Pull out the rear seat head rests. They seem to take up 1/3rd of the total viewing area. I pulled mine, put them in a plastic bag and placed them in the trunk. Am now fairly happy with being able to see out the back with the rear view mirror. If the people from Honda read this, I would suggest ressesed head rests so that they come up to the same height as the seat backs. If the rear seat passenger has to have a head rest, they can pull them up to where it suits them, and when they are not there, they can be pushed back down for the drivers viewing pleasure.

Just an idea, but it works for me.

Oops, sorry, I see this has been posted before and I don't know how to move it.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
They got jerked out early in our truck. Our doggies don't need them and they definitely block the view. I'm saying this with a back up camera installed. They just simply annoyed me. They are in plastic bags in the underseat storage unit.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
dumbutt said:
Suggestion for those of you that can't see out the rear window. Pull out the rear seat head rests. They seem to take up 1/3rd of the total viewing area. I pulled mine, put them in a plastic bag and placed them in the trunk. Am now fairly happy with being able to see out the back with the rear view mirror. If the people from Honda read this, I would suggest ressesed head rests so that they come up to the same height as the seat backs. If the rear seat passenger has to have a head rest, they can pull them up to where it suits them, and when they are not there, they can be pushed back down for the drivers viewing pleasure.

Just an idea, but it works for me.

Oops, sorry, I see this has been posted before and I don't know how to move it.
Just like the middle seat headrest, right? :)

L

·
0 Posts
In addition, you can pull out and turn around the front head rests for a more relaxing ride or nap!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
The only drawback to this is if you're ever rear-ended your backseat passenger is going to put a "dent" in your rear window.

Or maybe the window will put a dent in your passenger's skull...

Then they'll sue you for removing a safety feature.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Crispy said:
The only drawback to this is if you're ever rear-ended your backseat passenger is going to put a "dent" in your rear window.

I took my read headrests out as well, after about two weeks. Opens up much more viewing area through the rear view mirror. I just simply store them under the rear seat, so in the case I do have a rear passanger, they can just put it in.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I don't find the rear headrest a problem at all. I use the rear view mirror for oncoming ---holes and emergency equipment. I use the side mirrors for backing up. A trick I learned as a school bus driver years ago. I plan to have Honda install the rear view camera in February so I can see directly to the rear of the truck.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow! I have "finally" found a delivery discrepancy!! :eek:

After the above subject posts, I decided to go out and take a more closer look at the rear headrests, only to discover that they had been installed "backwards".

I'm liking the new leather design pattern, after re-installing them correctly. :D :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Too funny Hawk, I had the same issue. The rear headrests were installed backwards. I do remember turning them around and thinkin, gee that looks better. They also lock when full exteneded, something that doesn't happen when installed backwards. Backwards you can accidently pull them all the way out, which lead me to my investigation.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Took mine out yesterday, didn't think much of it...but since kids are still in car seats, they don't need them for awhile. Just keeping them under the seat until needed.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
meanmachine19 said:
Took mine out yesterday, didn't think much of it...but since kids are still in car seats, they don't need them for awhile. Just keeping them under the seat until needed.
You really did'nt know there is a headrest for the rear middle seat?? Just pull up on it!! :)

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Tex, no I didn't know about the middle head rest! I thought you guys were just kidding around so that's why I edited my last post (didn't wanna fall for a prank :rolleyes: ). See, learn something new every day! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I was postive Tex was pulling a prank on me when he insisted you can increase the range of your keyless transmitter by holding it under your chin. I tried it (in the dark when no one was around) and I think it works. Tex is sincere.

Tex, how did you get a reputation as a practical joker?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
steveberger said:
I was postive Tex was pulling a prank on me when he insisted you can increase the range of your keyless transmitter by holding it under your chin. I tried it (in the dark when no one was around) and I think it works. Tex is sincere.

Tex, how did you get a reputation as a practical joker?
Steve, I am both Sincere and a Practical Joker, all depends what day it is!! But take it from me, YOU HAVE THE BEST SIGNATURE OF ALL!!! That's more or less my philosopy in life!! Life is just another ride, enjoy it today because tomorrow may never come! :) (I thing I read that somewhere?) ;) And yes it works, If you are out of range for your key fob, place it on your chin and retransmit (unlock, lock, open windows). Someone else posted this here way back when.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Crispy said:

Crispy is dead on. The headrest is an integral part of the passenger safety system. It prevents hyper-extension of the neck in a crash. This is one modification that will definitely get you sued by an injured passenger. :eek:

Hope you have good insurance.

Craig.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
celler said:
Crispy is dead on. The headrest is an integral part of the passenger safety system. It prevents hyper-extension of the neck in a crash. This is one modification that will definitely get you sued by an injured passenger. :eek:

Hope you have good insurance.

Craig.
This discussion has been around for awhile, about removing the headrests for better viewing. I think it is understood that if you carry passengers in the back seats, you should not pull them out. However, if you only carry passengers in the back, you should be responsible enough to install the headrests prior to moving the truck. Hence, why it's kept under the rear seats. I think Steveberger keeps his on top of the spare tire. Well, that's ok for him....he's a front seat kinda guy :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts