Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I depress the latch on the rear right passenger seat, it won`t lock in the "up" position. What is broken, where is it, and how do I replace it? Anybody know?????

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
Sorry I don't have links but there are a couple of threads on the latching issue.
While not as common as the 'pulley' problem, might have one pulling out their hair in frustration.
Best to use the service manual to understand how the latch handle and cable release work. I think one of the threads does have a reference or diagram.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Do you have seat covers on the rear seat. I've got Wet Okele's and you really have to press hard to get the seat to stay up in the lock position. Plus when you want the seat down, you have to press the seat bottom into the seat back before using the seat latch to lower it back down.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, no seat covers, just virgin leather! Lol! I will try getting in the truck and pushing the seat bottom into the seat back, to see if it will click in...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My rear left seat won't stay latched up or down. I was replacing the pulley's for the seat stand bars and thought I would tackle this problem at the same time. Got all the trim removed and started to investigate. I found nothing out of the ordinary, no parts broke. There is a latching mechanism attached to a spring. Manually I can get the seat to lock, in both the up and down position but using the handle release nothing works. It is if something might be binding?, rust?, I don't know, just not a smooth operation. I plan to remove and clean out all the old grease and re-lubricate. Any ideas out there ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My rear left seat won't stay latched up or down. I was replacing the pulley's for the seat stand bars and thought I would tackle this problem at the same time. Got all the trim removed and started to investigate. I found nothing out of the ordinary, no parts broke. There is a latching mechanism attached to a spring. Manually I can get the seat to lock, in both the up and down position but using the handle release nothing works. It is as if something might be binding?, rust?, I don't know, just not a smooth operation. I plan to remove and clean out all the old grease and re-lubricate. 1) With the seat back removed (see other post how to do that) 2) Remove trim by the door, seat pivot point. 3) Using a degreaser remove as much old grease you can. 4) I used LPS 2 and lubricated the area. 5) Operation stowed and down latched and locked both positions. 6) Re-install trim. The clips on the floor are guide clips and are not designed to hold the seat down. If the seat is not staying in the Stow or down position the problem could be excessive old gummy grease at the hinge pivot. Inside the seat latch mechanism (at the seat pivot point by the door) is a two position positive lock; one for when the seat is up and stowed and one for when the seat is in the down position. I hope this helps; mine works like it was designed to now.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My problem is that my backseat will go up, and the foot retracts. It is when it gets to the top. it won't lock up. If you bring it back down the bar comes back out, but when you push it down it won't lock there either..

·
Registered
51 Posts
From what I can see there is no grease to clog anything up. It's like there isn't enough pressure in the spring to move the latch far enough, or the cable has stretched..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts