Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you have posted complaints about noises from the rear seat/window area, on the pass. side. I did a little tinkering, and I think I found the source. Along the top of the rear seat (under the headrests), next to the access covers for a child seat, there are access covers for the rear seat back "hooks". These hooks hold the seatback to the back of the truck cab. There are small plastic inserts that are supposed to quiet the metal-to-metal contact. When I pulled the access covers, and yanked on the seatback, you can hear the annoying noise people are complainng about. I didn't feel like pulling the seat out, so I squirted a little silicone lube spray on the hook/insert....and PRESTO, no more noise !!! Take care not to drip any on the seat fabric.

I'll find the energy to pull the seat out and make a permanent fix in the future, I'll update you when I do.....

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. Now, do you think you can help me figure out all the squeaks, rattles, and what-not in my Insight? ;) :)

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Some of you have posted complaints about noises from the rear seat/window area, on the pass. side. I did a little tinkering, and I think I found the source. Along the top of the rear seat (under the headrests), next to the access covers for a child seat, there are access covers for the rear seat back "hooks". These hooks hold the seatback to the back of the truck cab. There are small plastic inserts that are supposed to quiet the metal-to-metal contact. When I pulled the access covers, and yanked on the seatback, you can hear the annoying noise people are complainng about. I didn't feel like pulling the seat out, so I squirted a little silicone lube spray on the hook/insert....and PRESTO, no more noise !!! Take care not to drip any on the seat fabric.

I'll find the energy to pull the seat out and make a permanent fix in the future, I'll update you when I do.....
I've had my 2019 RL in the shop one time already for that same issue. I have another appointment scheduled for this coming Monday. If I can't quieten it down with the info you've provided, I'll pass it on to the Honda dealership and let them handle it. This is my 5th consecutive Honda. Sadly, the quality has gone down with each of the latest models I've owned. Thanks for the info! Take care.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,588 Posts
@2019RidgelineSport you do realize that this post is for a 1G not a 2G such as your's?

Although you might win the recent Thread Resurrection contest as this had been posted & replied to Exactly 15 years ago!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
@2019RidgelineSport you do realize that this post is for a 1G not a 2G such as your's?

View attachment 406974

Although you might win the recent Thread Resurrection contest as this had been posted & replied to Exactly 15 years ago!
I do realize that. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by resurrected such an old post. My intention was just to say "thank you" to the original poster. Had it not been for me seeing the Gen 1 post, I'd still be dealing with the same issue His advice solved my issue as well.[/QUOTE]

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,588 Posts
I do realize that. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by resurrected such an old post. My intention was just to say "thank you" to the original poster. Had it not been for me seeing the Gen 1 post, I'd still be dealing with the same issue His advice solved my issue as well.
No Hurt Feelings on my part, hopefully none on yours. ;) Just having a little fun!

I'm glad that an old post, even if the previous poster is most likely long gone (Last Seen 5/10/2011), their work continues to help others.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
No Hurt Feelings on my part, hopefully none on yours. ;) Just having a little fun!

I'm glad that an old post, even if the previous poster is most likely long gone (Last Seen 5/10/2011), their work continues to help others.
It's all good. I'm just glad I ran across that old post! Had it not been for that, it would've already been traded in! Take care

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Resurrecting old threads for a Gen 1 is not a bad thing at all. My 2011 will be ten years old in a few months and some of these ten year old threads may certainly apply to me. These threads get buried and we may never see them unless doing a search or someone shines light on them.
Would be weird though if someone is responding to one by asking the OP a question.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts