Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you have posted complaints about noises from the rear seat/window area, on the pass. side. I did a little tinkering, and I think I found the source. Along the top of the rear seat (under the headrests), next to the access covers for a child seat, there are access covers for the rear seat back "hooks". These hooks hold the seatback to the back of the truck cab. There are small plastic inserts that are supposed to quiet the metal-to-metal contact. When I pulled the access covers, and yanked on the seatback, you can hear the annoying noise people are complainng about. I didn't feel like pulling the seat out, so I squirted a little silicone lube spray on the hook/insert....and PRESTO, no more noise !!! Take care not to drip any on the seat fabric.

I'll find the energy to pull the seat out and make a permanent fix in the future, I'll update you when I do.....

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. Now, do you think you can help me figure out all the squeaks, rattles, and what-not in my Insight? ;) :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Some of you have posted complaints about noises from the rear seat/window area, on the pass. side. I did a little tinkering, and I think I found the source. Along the top of the rear seat (under the headrests), next to the access covers for a child seat, there are access covers for the rear seat back "hooks". These hooks hold the seatback to the back of the truck cab. There are small plastic inserts that are supposed to quiet the metal-to-metal contact. When I pulled the access covers, and yanked on the seatback, you can hear the annoying noise people are complainng about. I didn't feel like pulling the seat out, so I squirted a little silicone lube spray on the hook/insert....and PRESTO, no more noise !!! Take care not to drip any on the seat fabric.

I'll find the energy to pull the seat out and make a permanent fix in the future, I'll update you when I do.....
I've had my 2019 RL in the shop one time already for that same issue. I have another appointment scheduled for this coming Monday. If I can't quieten it down with the info you've provided, I'll pass it on to the Honda dealership and let them handle it. This is my 5th consecutive Honda. Sadly, the quality has gone down with each of the latest models I've owned. Thanks for the info! Take care.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,281 Posts
@2019RidgelineSport you do realize that this post is for a 1G not a 2G such as your's?

Although you might win the recent Thread Resurrection contest as this had been posted & replied to Exactly 15 years ago!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts