Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, just got my new RTS, pretty happy overall.

However, if I yank up on the rear seats while in the 'down' position, they pop up about an inch, but no further.
Is this normal? I tried searching the forum, but I only got G1 issues.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas, all!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Not sure if your complaint is the seats don't stay down or you can't fold them up. If the former, there was one other complaint in the forums about a seat popping out of the clip. A locking mechanism in the seat/handle hold the seat down/up. The bottom rail clips into the channel on the floor to hold them firmly down and don't rattle. If they are coming out on their own it would seem the spring clip needs adjusting. If it's simply that you can pull them out of the clip, that's normal.

If the complaint is you can't fold them up, pull the handle.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Mine does that. if you pull up on the seat without unlocking, they do come up a bit... But it doesn't rattle going down the roads.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Same here. Dealer said normal. But I know some people were saying they would pop up and rattle over rough roads.

·
Registered
179 Posts
once they pop up they do rattle over rough roads and I reported this issue to the dealer in August and they were deemed normal as per design. So I just keep them folded all the time when not in use.
Design Flaw

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rear Seats Latching Issue

Rear seats won't stay in the floor guide clip. They pop out when I go over a crisp bump or apply light upward pressure. They stay locked at the hinge but pop out of the floor guide and rattle. Seems the locking position needs to be closer to the floor so the bar stays in the floor guide. Very annoying!

Sent an email to the dealer. Awaiting a response.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Rear Seats Latching Issue

Appointment at 1:30 pm tomorrow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Same issue here. Dealer said it was normal and asked me to try on their test drive vehicle - no different. I wonder if there is something we can do to make the floor guide clip grab onto the seat a little better.... would be nice if honda just fixed it properly.

·
Premium Member
2017 Black Edition
753 Posts
Same here, I took it in for other things, and itemized that as one of issues, they said it was normal. I ended up wrapping it in electrical tape a little at that latch to build up a little and keep the spring tension applied to the bar when it is popped up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts