Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to check out my rear brakes the other day, I usually grease up the slider pins and make sure they are working properly. One of them came completely off. I couldn't get it back into the caliper no matter how hard I tried. So, I decided to replace all of them since they are only a few bucks. The new ones seem much smaller in width than the old ones. They fit fine, but comparing them, the old ones appear to be swollen. Is this normal for the old pin boots to swell over time?

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,340 Posts
Rubber will swell over time a bit, particularly in contact with things like grease. That said, there could well be a difference between OEM pieces and the new (presumed aftermarket) parts you put on. If the new parts fit on well, I wouldn't worry about it much; the important thing is to make sure those pins are moving freely and that the pads aren't binding up on the calipers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some brake grease can cause the rubber to swell. Honda uses Niglube RM for the slide pins. You can get it at you local Mitsubishi dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts