Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear sliding window has a vertical line of dirt along the edge that can't be cleaned. When the window is shut, it's behind the "seam" where the 2 windows overlap, and when open there isn't enough room to get my fingers between the stationary window and the sliding window to clean it.

Has anyone figured out a way to clean this part of the sliding window?

·
Registered
333 Posts
swampler said:
My rear sliding window has a vertical line of dirt along the edge that can't be cleaned. When the window is shut, it's behind the "seam" where the 2 windows overlap, and when open there isn't enough room to get my fingers between the stationary window and the sliding window to clean it.

Has anyone figured out a way to clean this part of the sliding window?
Yeah, I came up against the same PMO... and you also get vertical lines of dirt out in the middle every time it gets opened part way, right?

I was fairly successful using something flat and somewhat flexible (can't remember what right now) with a thin microfiber tower wrapped around it. With the window partly open, you can slide it under the edge. I've been using Invisible Glass cleaner, and saturating the towel with that seemed to work well. Took a few tries. Same problem with the bottom front of the front windows.

The microfiber is great because it doesn't leave any fuzzies. I found some that are specifically for glass, they are smooth without the knap (sp?).

P.S. Might come to Memphis next month.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Invisible glass is what I used for the 1st time today. Works great, but not sure if it's because I used a towel or because it is just better than Windex.

I was trying to think of what I could slide behind there, but didn't come up with anything yet.

Have a good time in Memphis. I lived there for about 7 years (1991 to 1998). Just be careful not to get lost in the bad part of town. Lots of crime there.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I seem to remember just grabbing some cardboard the first time, but it wasn't ideal because it gets soggy and limp. A credit card would be about right if it had a bigger handle.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
What about a thin spatula, the ridged type not the rubber type. A putty knife would work too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts