Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw another post in which the poster said he/she ordered rear splash guards and installed guards themselves. I can operate a cordless drill fairly well but that's about my limit when it comes to DIY auto-customization. Is this install relatively easy?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SS,

I went to that site but my browsers (Firefox & IE) wouldn't open the PDF. Is saw a post that mentioned using a right-angle attachment for the drill. I don't believe I've ever seen one of those before.

jam

·
Registered
72 Posts
You don't need any tools other than a phillips head screwdriver (stubby one) unless you take the wheels off... and a flat head screwdriver to pop the plastic rivets.

jam2004 said:
SS,

I went to that site but my browsers (Firefox & IE) wouldn't open the PDF. Is saw a post that mentioned using a right-angle attachment for the drill. I don't believe I've ever seen one of those before.

jam

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
jam2004,
I had never done any type of autocustomization either until today when I installed a new brush guard. Just read the instructions and go for it. Take your time and everything should go just fine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zero,

I just ordered it from H & A. Also bought some touch up paint. While I was spending, I couldn't resist buying the remote control Ridge for my daughter and a black cap for yours truly. Thanks for the encouragement.

jam

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
No problem.

That remote control Ridgeline is a really neat toy. And touch up paint is always a good idea. I bought some from H & A as well.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The rear mud flap are a five minute install. It'll probably take you longer to find a stubby screwdriver in your toolbox than it will to install the flaps.

They really do help keep splash off the rear quarter panels.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Installed the mud flaps and the roof rack this weekend. They were both pretty easy. Mud flaps - 10 minutes (5 to find the screwdriver) and the roof rack took about 1 1/2 hours but I cheated and used a air cutoff tool to trim the molding rather than the recommended hack saw.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Jam, the rear splash guards are very easy to install. It took me 15-20 minutes. Each side is two phillips head screws and one push-in clip each.

I am one of the least mechanically inclined people in ROC and this accessory don't get any easier. I even ventured and put the wind/bug deflector on too!

Good luck with your (15 minute) install!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hopefully they arrive this week from H & A. Thanks again everybody. I'm getting a bunch of stuff done to my Ridge tomorrow at a local truck custom shop. I'll take some photos after they finish and after I install the mud flaps.

jam

·
Registered
79 Posts
I installed these a few weeks ago, and it is indeed easy. I had two minor hitches:

• the instructions don't say to remove the old plastic rivet, nor how to do so. If I recall it just pops off with a screwdriver.
  • 1 pair of screws that are reused to attach the flaps weren't long enough. I had to substitute my own screws.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts