Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear splash guards are a must. Mine didn't come with them and within the first day a tremendous amount of road grit was visable above and behind the rear wheels. Would surely ruin the paint over time. Am having the guards added ASAP. About $55.00 plus installation.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ravishol said:
Has anyone istalled these themselves?

This seems like it should be pretty easy. Do the screws come with the guards?
Yes, it's very easy. No new screws needed (the existing screws are used) but a plastic piece that needs to be removed for each guard is sufficiently damaged in the process that Honda includes a couple of new ones to use as replacements.

I probably spent more time cleaning the area than mounting the guards. Fit perfectly, look nice, definitely should have come with them from the factory!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
I am definitely going to get these with my truck.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The plastic expansion plugs that come with the rear mud guards are longer to accomodate the thickness of the guard (using existing mounting hole that has a short plug in it by default, which is replaced with the longer one).

BTW, note that if you are planning on getting the fender flare kit, the mud flaps are different and COME WITH the fender flare kit (front AND rear!). At first I didn't like the flares...but they are starting to grow on me! The clean edge under the flare really makes for a neat and factory-installed look. Also not the that flares are only held on by pre-applied 3M double-stick tape. The only screws used are for the bottom of the flares that also have the mud flaps attached to them--and those use the factory mounting bolts under the fender. Nice! :D

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yes, that is a good observation on the mud flaps...you will definitely want them if you get off road, or drive in on dirt roads at all!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Has anyone got any info on who has the flaps? Dealer doesn't know anything about it and H&A don't list it? I definitely want them and they keep the body in better shape of the evidence I saw on my T-100 I use to own and go off-roading.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Dktahg,

Look at H & A, third item down for exterior.

Dktahg said:
Has anyone got any info on who has the flaps? Dealer doesn't know anything about it and H&A don't list it? I definitely want them and they keep the body in better shape of the evidence I saw on my T-100 I use to own and go off-roading.

·
Registered
131 Posts
delphi7x10 said:
Dktahg,

Look at H & A, third item down for exterior.
Thanks. Brainfart on my part. Seems the picture is a new addition, but then again I didn't ever recall seeing the listing there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed mine. It was very simple. You need a stubby phillips screw driver to remove two existing screws and a small flat blade screw driver to remove one plactic fastener. The kit comes with two replacement plastic fasteners. Very quick install.;)

·
Registered
319 Posts
steveberger said:
The rear splash guards are a must. Mine didn't come with them and within the first day a tremendous amount of road grit was visable above and behind the rear wheels. Would surely ruin the paint over time. Am having the guards added ASAP. About $55.00 plus installation.

A must have. I learned my lessons on other trucks. Because they sit a little higher they kick up a lot of dust. (Lower in the wheel wells) Just like sandpaper. Took a FORD right to the metal. Had mine since day one. Way cheaper than to fix the damage that will happen without them.

·
Registered
720 Posts
This has to be the easiest install I have ever done.

It should only take 5 min or less a side.....

I saw one dealer charging $195 installed for these! WOW! :eek:

I hate it when dealers add "accessories" on their own!

TL

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I saw one dealer charging $195 installed for these! WOW!
Wow! is right. $195-$65(MSRP for guards) = $135/4 = $33.75 per screw
That getting screwed royally. :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
Webwader said:
Wow! is right. $195-$65(MSRP for guards) = $135/4 = $33.75 per screw
That getting screwed royally. :eek:
Man Web, We're in the wrong business!!:D Huh!!? These pieces are a must have though.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Right on both counts 5S. I don't understand why Honda didn't make them standard equipment. How much can they actually cost Honda? An attempt by Honda to reap more profit by making them an accessory?

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Related only from the cost standpoint...I noticed while at the dealer Friday the towing package on the sticker of a demo RL was $999. :eek: Talk about a rip off. The towing package did include a drawbar, ball and locking pin for the drawbar. Still...

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
noticed while at the dealer Friday the towing package on the sticker of a demo RL was $999.
I paid less than half of that for mine and I had them install the brake control for free besides.

·
Registered
70 Posts
First accessory I added. It was a snap. A phillips head for the screws, and a standard slot screwdriver to pry out the plastic push-pins. They look great and I got on ebay for $40 shipped. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The splash guards were easy to install, however two of the screws ( you take out and re-use ) were too short once the new flaps were installed. I went to the Honda dealer and they gave me a couple of screws off a Civic that were a bit longer.
I noticed as i drove up into the mountains last weekend - and it was snowing pretty hard ) that there is some additional noise from the mudflaps as snow and slush come off the tires and hit them - somewhat noisy, but my RTL ate up that snow covered road as others were getting stuck. ( near Alta, Utah ).

1 - 20 of 52 Posts