Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one is as simple as it can get. The instructions from HandA are only two pages long. You only need a razor knife, a nut driver and something to poke through to the threaded hole behind the carpet.

The carpet is marked where you cut and actually kind of tears once you get it started. The long end of the bracket slides down into the lower slit and you bolt the upper part of the bracket to the truck.

Once the brackets are in place, the worst part about taking the box out would be removing enough junk to get at the knobs to unscrew it. It's a good use of otherwise empty space.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is disappointing. Since they only have two interior colors and there's no choice to have the other color if you don't pick the paint that is matched with it, it seems the least they could do is cater to both customers.

I also wanted to add that if you are fastidious and careful (DH is not) you can make the top cut work with just making a three corner cut and not the "U". It looks a bit neater, but this is in an inconspicuous place and totally out of sight unless you have the seats up and the storage box out.

·
Registered
473 Posts
maybearidge said:
yeah...now all I need now is a tan version. Why would Honda do that? Only gray??
They did it cause it goes with SILVER gray interior perfectly. ANdd who cares about the other colors LOL.:cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
something to think about.... i bought a rear seat storage too and as i did the first slice on the carpet, i realized i should just leave it unsecure since it ain't going anywhere, especially when the seats are down. this way, i can take it out whenever i load something big in the back that needs to be locked in. hope it's not too late for ya!

·
Registered
205 Posts
How about velcro stuck under the storage box, that will adhere to the carpet. The loop side down facing the carpet. This way you can remove it easily, and it wont rattle or slide around.

Vinnie:D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Has anybody experimented with any of the special interior spray paints that are designed for vinyl/plastics to change the color of the underseat storage box? I too would like a tan one to better match the rest of the interior. Seems it wouldn't be too hard to just remove the storage box, figure out how to take out the cargo net so it doesn't get painted, then spray paint the whole storage box. I've used those paints before on a dashboard and they worked pretty well...

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I've used the SEM vinyl paint to match my dash kit to the pocket door. Works great, and is very durable. I can't help you with a color match.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
I re-did the interior of my 77 Corvette with vinyl/plastic paint and was very pleased with the results. Be sure to throughly clean and prep the surface, end quality is directly perportional to prep...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts