Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not happy with the small size of the stock mirror, I previously bought the 13" 20/20 panoramic mirror. While providing excellent coverage I finally got tired of the parabolic shape making everything a little smaller than actual size. I found it slightly disorientating when making quick glances. It also vibrated a bit, because it's a clip on, when driving on rough surfaces which was irritating.

So then, my hunt for larger mirror that was standard and flat began. Not so easy but I eventually found a nice 12" flat mirror (CIPA 33000) that should slide into the existing windshield mirror mount. I got it for $11 at Amazon:

Product Page:
http://www.cipausa.com/daynight.htm

Buy at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00029WSW2/qid=1118261535/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl60/104-9266269-0763905?v=glance&s=home-garden&n=507846

·
Registered
264 Posts
Don't you think at some point it would have been easier to just order in parts and assemble your own truck?
I think I would probably buy one.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Some people are never satisfied with a shrink wrapped product. They have a need to modify things to suit their needs. I'm one of them as well. It's fun, educational, and therapeutic :)

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JulesK said:
Don't you think at some point it would have been easier to just order in parts and assemble your own truck?
I think I would probably buy one.
I'd probably do just that if it was an option. When I was a kid building model airplanes I'd never build it per spec, I'd always canabalize other kits to customize it :) I wish I had alot more skill, money and time as I'd do so much more. Right now I'll have to be content with swapping out mirrors :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't bother, mirror doesn't have the same mounting bracket so it won't fit. I eventually made it fit by pulling the ball & shoulder linkage off the Honda mirror and put it on the new mirror but it was extremely difficult to do so without wrecking it and the mirror is a little looser than I'd like it to be but it stays in place without vibrations so I'm happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts