Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't have a G1 and I guess both generation have the power sliding rear window. I wish Honda gives me an option for having either a one piece glass which cannot be opened at all or upgrade to power roll down rear window like some other trucks out there.

I personally find the two vertical lines very annoying every time I look at the mirror. Honestly in the next couple years I can finger count how many times I would open that. I even can count how many times I opened the sunroof in my old car for the last 8 years. LOL... Is it just me? Or do you guys actually find the power rear window useful or looking cool?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,892 Posts
I love the power rear window and the vertical lines don't bother me at all. I use the sideview mirrors and camera a lot more than the rearview mirror. But I'm with you on the sunroof. I would've happily deleted it for the $800 or whatever it would've saved me plus the extra inch or two of headroom. I like the idea of the sunroof but I just don't use it very much. I've already used the rear window quite a bit, however.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Never really used a sunroof, even after having them on my last several cars.

That being said, with the fact that the rear window is power, I find myself turning the ventilation system off, venting the sunroof, and opening that rear window quite a bit, with the airflow being perfect, and also with very little noise added to the cabin.

My last truck had a manual rear window and I never opened it (PIA....)....the power feature changed the way I ventilate my vehicle...I think it's well worth it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'll be using the sunroof and rear window in the spring and fall but only occasionally.

The main reason I open the rear window is to reduce the resonance created when driving with one or more of the windows down (a/c off)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Honestly I would not buy an RL without a sliding rear window and the lack of it in anything less than the RTL-E is very disappointing. Without the sliding rear window it can be rather difficult to fit long items into the bed without them hanging off the end 3-4ft or over the roof into the air by 3-4ft. The rear window and tailgate are just about level and make for a perfect platform for 2x4's, pvc pipe, molding, base boards, trim work, ect that all come in 8ft lengths. Also the rear windows works great with the sunroof cracked open, gives a great breeze of fresh air with out all the wind and road noise.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ahh! Canadian!! Get the torches and pitchforks! >:)

I use my rear window several times/week. I had no previous experience with a rear window in a truck before, so I had no idea I'd be using it as much as I do. Now I'm glad I have it.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Yasser I use mine everday. My fishin poles can poke out of it, my shotgun leans out of it from time to time and old blue just loves to stick his head in when we're ridin down the road.

Yasser, caint do without that there winder.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly I would not buy an RL without a sliding rear window and the lack of it in anything less than the RTL-E is very disappointing. Without the sliding rear window it can be rather difficult to fit long items into the bed without them hanging off the end 3-4ft or over the roof into the air by 3-4ft. The rear window and tailgate are just about level and make for a perfect platform for 2x4's, pvc pipe, molding, base boards, trim work, ect that all come in 8ft lengths. Also the rear windows works great with the sunroof cracked open, gives a great breeze of fresh air with out all the wind and road noise.
That's very good point about 2x4 and pvc pipes... never thought about that using the rear window. LOL.. Maybe it's just me then, it's too cold to open any windows in Canada - don't you guys know we usually have one month of summer and the rest is winter. ** LAUGH **

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
Well when you get tired of owning that rear window, I'm sure you could drive to somewhere in the Good O' U S of A and someone would be willing to trade windows, even if you only gave them the glass in exchange for the glass in their G2.

Without "realignment of the rear window packaging options" I'll stick with my G1 for a few more years until Honda pulls it's collective "head out of it's @$$"

Reactions: riniboo

·
Registered
1,505 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ya I'm Canadian and I love my rear sliding window. I open it more than the moonroof because it's a little bit quieter than when the moonroof is open. Helps when my kids take off their shoes and the cabin starts to stink :laugh:

·
Registered
935 Posts
A definite drop of the RL ball by Honda again!
I had and F-150 for two and 1/2 months(air bag recall) without an
SRW and hated it!!
I use the SRW in my G1 almost everyday.
And I have been calling Honda corporate and complaining weekly.
I have even asked If I could pay to have one installed on an RTL.
Everybody please call and complain!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts