Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I've had my Ridgeline RTL SR/XM since March 8th. Or as I normally refer to it as day 8 of the new era. What a wonderful truck indeed :cool: !!! I have only had a couple of defects with it that the dealer has fixed without question. The latest thing that has happened is the rear driver side window inner felt strip roles down with the window and squeals loudly on the glass. I also notice that the passenger rear head rest does not lock into any positions. Have any of you noticed these problems with your dream trucks. I've watched this site for quite some time and am real excited about finally joining the group of happy owners. Have fun driving today. ;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Ridgeline Guy said:
First off, I've had my Ridgeline RTL SR/XM since March 8th. Or as I normally refer to it as day 8 of the new era. What a wonderful truck indeed :cool: !!! I have only had a couple of defects with it that the dealer has fixed without question. The latest thing that has happened is the rear driver side window inner felt strip roles down with the window and squeals loudly on the glass. I also notice that the passenger rear head rest does not lock into any positions. Have any of you noticed these problems with your dream trucks. I've watched this site for quite some time and am real excited about finally joining the group of happy owners. Have fun driving today. ;)
You're an early adopter and just joined our little club? What took you so long? We need to hear from everybody driving this wonderful, unique vehicle :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I second the recommendations on the headrest. The posts have notches in them that only line up the mechanism that holds them in place if the nothces are there to hold on to. In other words, if the headrests are reversed (either turned around or on the wrong side) the hole in the back seat will be expecting a nothced post, but will receive a smooth one and won't be able to grab it.

As far as the rear window felt problem, I am not sure if this is the same problem based off of your description, but I had something similar happen. The rubber gasket/seal on the vertical bar that holds the rear window in place got folded in somehow when the window closed. I sat in the driver seat and opened and closed it a few times to see if that would unfold it. It didn't so I reached in from the rear door and just used my fingers to uncrease the gasket/seal. It worked and I have not had a problem with it again. The seal is still tight; no wind noise or water infiltration. Wierd. :confused:

L

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the ROC family Ridgeline Guy. HEY!! YEAH!! What took you so long to get here. Man..we've been waitin' for you. Glad you're here now!! :D
I sure could use your help convincing everyone that SILVER is the best color.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome to the ROC! I've only had my BLACK RL (it is a sweet color) for a month now and haven't had any problems with the rear window. One of my rear seat headrests was was put on backwards though. :D

-SixOpRidge

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Welcome to the club. Bet you will wish you have been here longer if only to not have so many old interesting threads to now have to catch up with. I still find interesting threads I have yet to read.

·
Registered
311 Posts
ladyridge said:
Welcome to the ROC family Ridgeline Guy. HEY!! YEAH!! What took you so long to get here. Man..we've been waitin' for you. Glad you're here now!! :D
I sure could use your help convincing everyone that SILVER is the best color.
Ladyridge - always stirring up the color holy war. :D

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
methodtim said:
Ladyridge - always stirring up the color holy war. :D
Oh there really isn't a war, we all know that Red and Blue are the best two colors and she is just jealous of us. We have to accommodate her maddeningly backward thinking about Silver, but we do so because we all care. Be sure to vote your color in the color my world thread.

·
Registered
460 Posts
SOON LADYRIDGE WILL BE YELLING (if she hasn't already) "GIVE ME SILVER, OR GIVE ME DEATH!" :D
no problems here with the rear window.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well after a day at the local dealer, they didn't fix it :confused: .I went back in and told them, showed them, and even had to explain how the felt is not suposta roll down so the rubber rubs on the glass. Even then they asked if all the windows did it. I felt like saying - Oh yeah, all the other windows make your ears bleed when you roll them down, somethings wrong with this one cause it only squells real loud- "Here's your sign!" Anyway, they have ordered the entire driver side rear window seal/felt kit and I'll hope they fix it soon. What's a good price on the dealer installed tow package?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts