Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77169&stc=1&d=1368717633

Would like to find one of these for my truck... anyone else found them. I would have said it was custom built, but I found several on line photos of different trucks with them in place.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
I asked the same question a few weeks ago and so far all I have found out is that it is from other countries and not available here in the states.
I would so love to have one of these on mine, they look so awesome!!
If you do find a source let me know!

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I asked the same question a few weeks ago and so far all I have found out is that it is from other countries and not available here in the states.
I would so love to have one of these on mine, they look so awesome!!
If you do find a source let me know!
Not only do they look nice, they would be VERY functional. The glass in the rear window is very thin, breaks easily, and is a pain/expensive to replace.

My son and his friends recently got into kayaking. I plan on putting a rack on my Leer topper, haven't gotten around to it yet, so I have been putting 3 kayaks in the back of my truck. They fit fine, with two on the bottom and one on top but, as I am driving, I look at the end of the top kayak right in front of that center window...and can't help but think...man, if I have to break hard, that SOB is gonna come flying right through that window. Granted, I have the kayaks tied down pretty well, and they don't move much...but there is always that possibility.

If anybody finds these, and wants to do a group buy, color me in!!! :act030: (<---Me raising my hand)

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I've checked several different truck accessory websites before and there is none for Honda. Seems like there would be at least one, but maybe not.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would think a decent welding shop could look at that pic and make one. Economically at that. I would rather it go outside the frame rather than inside anyway.

·
Registered
252 Posts
If you lived near Odessa Tx, several of the truck outfitters have these. They call them head-ache racks, so many of the pick-ups in this part of Texas are used in the oil field. You are required by law to have this on you truck to keep stuff you are hauling in the oil field from flying into the truck with you. Try the these web sites, www.westtexasoffroad.com or work horse truck accessories both are in Odessa Tx. They could probably ship the thing to you to be in-stalled if they have a system that would fit the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I'd rather have a sun shield cover, but then the rear visibility is poor enough as it is (about the only complaint I've ever had about the truck). I've noticed for some trucks you can get some sort of rear window air deflector which baffles me as to what good they could be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts