Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, after operating intermittently once a few weeks ago, my back window has now stuck open. I am thinking the window switch in the door handle has probably given up. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Also, how does one go about replacing that switch? It looks like the plastic switch plate on the armrest just pops off? Thanks for any advice and help.

Flymo

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...and if someone could help me find the part number (back window switch for 2012) I would certainly appreciate it. I went through the parts diagrams but could not find it.

F

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info and the link - very helpful.

Ugh, it looks like they want you to take the inner door panel off to get to the switch. I was hopeful that the switch panel just popped out, but I guess not.

The test procedure for the switch is to replace it with a known good one, and see what happens. So I guess I'll proceed on the assumption that the switch is bad, and replace it. The alternative is to tear apart the rear compartment and that looks like a bigger deal.

Flymo

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,809 Posts
Door panel removal is easy. Follow these steps....

Lower the window fully.
Remove the mirror mount cover.
Pull back the inner door handle and remove the cover that's behind it.
Remove the two screws.
Remove the handle and cable linkage.
Remove the door pull pocket lid.
Remove the screw.
With as little bending of the panel as possible detach the 8 clips (3 left, 3 right & 2 bottom).
Starting at the trailing edge of the panel, lift upwards, releasing the door lock knob as you go.
Disconnect the courtesy light and switch gear harness.

The rear door is similar but you have to remove the plastic corner trim first.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, came out after work and the window was back to normal, like it had never misbehaved at all. My gut says it's a dud switch, so I have one on order.

Heli, thanks for your assistance!

Flymo

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Well, came out after work and the window was back to normal, like it had never misbehaved at all. My gut says it's a dud switch, so I have one on order.

Heli, thanks for your assistance!

Flymo
That's good you could close it after work. My luck, it'd been a monsoon when I came out & it wouldn't close.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Could be the actuator going out too.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,914 Posts
I think I'd just leave it closed and not worry with it unless it's something you frequently use.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
I agree. I use my rear slider more than the rear doors. Actually, just the moonroof and rear slider give a really nice breeze..

Glad you got it working.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same with me - I use the rear window all the time. Open the sunroof, the front windows, and the rear window and you get a good flow going. It's one of the best features of the Ridgeline.

Hopefully the new switch will fix it!

F

·
Registered
558 Posts
I think it's strange that if you leave the rear slider open, and open your door, you get a dash warning. But, if you let the Moonroof open you get nothing.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it's strange that if you leave the rear slider open, and open your door, you get a dash warning. But, if you let the Moonroof open you get nothing.
I never thought about that, but you're right - I'd guess "a little" more rain might come in through the sunroof than through the rear window.

F

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
I never thought about that, but you're right - I'd guess "a little" more rain might come in through the sunroof than through the rear window.

F
Some irony there.. huh? Maybe when it starts raining and the sunroof is open there could be a chime that plays "Rain drops keep falling on my head...."

1 - 15 of 15 Posts