Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a little accident with my Ridgeline in a parking garage and will need to have my rear bumper touched up a bit.

While doing this I am thinking I will go ahead and add Back-Up Sensors since the paint shop can paint them as well. I have also been reading that some folks are upgrading the tailgate handles to the 2009 version and installing the rearview camera as well.

Should I go for it and put BOTH in or has anyone found that one or the other cancel the need to have each? Meaning if you do the camera you don't need the sensors or vica versa?

·
Registered
721 Posts
IMO, if you've got the camera, the sensors are an annoyance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd go with both. We have both in our Odyssey & the sensors are very useful when maneuvering in tight spots. The camera just lets you know what's back there but distances are distorted. My Ridgeline came with the camera but I'm having sensors installed this week.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I have the sensors and like them. Nice to be looking behind you while listening for the beeps. Seems weird to me to be looking at the dash while backing up. However, I haven't ruled out adding a camera in the future. Would be neat if they make a bluetooth camera that works with my GPS screen.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have the camera with the 09 tailgate. I find that it makes it very easy to back into a crowded parking lot(or pin a trailer). It's not much different than using the rear view mirror, and along with the two side mirrors and the 2" convex mirrors I installed on them, I pretty much loose all my blind spots.

·
Registered
77 Posts
With an aftermarket rearview camera in the '09 tailgate handle, I can easily backup within an inch of the car behind me when parallel parking or back under a trailer hitch. I don't have the back-up sensors, but I'm sold on the back-up camera. You can find my camera installation instructions in the "Mods, Installs and How-To's" section of the forum.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I'm a new owner and this is my first post.

Can someone direct me to a good tutorial for adding the rearview camera feature that includes part numbers? My 09 RTL didnt come with the Navigation package.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Seems weird to me to be looking at the dash while backing up.
Because you should only be looking at it BEFORE you back up. :)

I am not really that enamored with the camera. Granted, if you have Navi and the nice big screen, it is an advantage. But the sensors certainly get my attention and have me looking back carefully as I should. We have one of those $5 stick-on Fresnel lenses on the rear window of our CRV, and they work pretty damn good. They only work good if your vehicle has a flat butt like the CRV. We have sensors too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts