Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda just included '08 Pilots in airbag recall (I have an '08)...Anyone think the Honda airbag recall will extend to '07-'15 RL. Mine's an '07... just waiting for the news!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Have you checked online to see if you're in the recall? I still have not received anything from Honda but a quick VIN check showed that I am part of the recall. Of course, I own an '06 so I knew it would only be a matter of time but I thought that registered owners would receive some sort of official notice.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Have you checked online to see if you're in the recall? I still have not received anything from Honda but a quick VIN check showed that I am part of the recall. Of course, I own an '06 so I knew it would only be a matter of time but I thought that registered owners would receive some sort of official notice.
I called the stealer and they ordered it I have an "06". If you want to wait for the mail it could be sometime yet and then the big rush for replacement. You don't necessarily have to wait. Mines in and getting replaced this week drivers side no passenger yet but think it might happen sometime in the future.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I called the stealer and they ordered it I have an "06". If you want to wait for the mail it could be sometime yet and then the big rush for replacement. You don't necessarily have to wait. Mines in and getting replaced this week drivers side no passenger yet but think it might happen sometime in the future.

Please post if you loose your odometer trip readings, radio stations etc. I posted on the other thread and even though my dealer's parts dept said, no need to disconnect the power, some do, and the manuals says it should be disconnected. I do not know what the real deal is but I would like to get more responses regarding this issue.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just went to the dealer and my '08 Pilot is in the recall (the '08 recall was announced March 20th); however, the service manager said I have to wait to get a letter from Honda before I can bring it in due to parts shortage... Anyone know if this is accurate? So far my '07 Ridgeline is not on the list.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Please post if you loose your odometer trip readings, radio stations etc. I posted on the other thread and even though my dealer's parts dept said, no need to disconnect the power, some do, and the manuals says it should be disconnected. I do not know what the real deal is but I would like to get more responses regarding this issue.
Had replaced today and didnt loose any readings on anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've just gotten back from my local Honda dealer for the recall and happy to say no codes for the radio or programming needed. I had requested they order the necessary parts last Tuesday and they were able to replace the stuff today.

And oh, they washed my truck too, no charge.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Finally got mine done as well. Moving to Florida, so I wanted to get all the needed maintenance done before I leave. It took maybe an hour to an hour and a half, no power reset (yay, I really did NOT want to reprogram the radio or anything), and no major issues.

I never was notified of the recall, though, so if anyone is waiting on one before acting I would just go ahead and get it done.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Oops, I ignored my 2 calls from my dealer over the past 2 weeks thinking it was a general reminder call for service. I finally called back today and found out they were calling about the airbag recall. Now the part is on national backorder and they have no idea how long it will take to get in. You snooze, you lose.

The service advisor told me the recall only affects the driver's side inflator. I read in another post the passenger side is also affected. For those of you who had the recall done, was it just the driver's side or both sides?

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Oops, I ignored my 2 calls from my dealer over the past 2 weeks thinking it was a general reminder call for service. I finally called back today and found out they were calling about the airbag recall. Now the part is on national backorder and they have no idea how long it will take to get in. You snooze, you lose.

The service advisor told me the recall only affects the driver's side inflator. I read in another post the passenger side is also affected. For those of you who had the recall done, was it just the driver's side or both sides?
Only driver's side for me.......

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,106 Posts
I just got a letter over the weekend. Going to call and schedule it, but with the parts issues & where I live I'm not concerned about humidity related issues

·
Registered
762 Posts
Have they completely linked the problem to humidity? I've seen a couple of articles that say they still aren't sure what the complete cause is and in one (I can't find it now) they said in another 10 years they might need to do it all over again.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/04/26/takata-deadly-mystery-air-bags/26403667/

and my favorite "According to documents reviewed by Reuters, Takata says that rust, bad welds, and even chewing gum dropped into at least one inflator are also at fault."

http://blog.caranddriver.com/massive-takata-airbag-recall-everything-you-need-to-know-including-full-list-of-affected-vehicles/

And now Toyota and Nissan are adding 6.5 million cars to the recall: http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2015/05/13/nissan-toyota-recall/27222545/

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I got my letter from Honda Auto Div. last week and I am going over there and discuss the situation. About 3 months ago I kept calling dealer and leaving messages and never getting a response back.
I assumed that they were over run with requests and could not get parts, but now Honda wants me to sign off on a form that the work has been done.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Anyone know who makes the Ridgeline's 2008 (mine) and/or the 2013 (the wife's) airbags.

The thought is, since Takada claims not to be sure of the cause, how can they/we be sure later models than the 2006 aren't also suspect. The evidence of a problem doesn't show until enough accidents trip concern.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts