Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
Honda is showing the parts are available as of 7/16; so it is now just a matter of getting moved up the dealerships list.

Hey, H&A, your chart shows 2006 Ridgeline Passenger Side, where can I check if my Passenger Side is necessary. I questioned it when the drivers side was being done and they insisted it wasn't necessary.

Is this the best place to check?
http://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls

Admin's once we have a known location to check can we make this thread a sticky?

Hey, H&A, your chart shows 2006 Ridgeline Passenger Side, where can I check if my Passenger Side is necessary. I questioned it when the drivers side was being done and they insisted it wasn't necessary.

Is this the best place to check?
http://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls

Admin's once we have a known location to check can we make this thread a sticky?
Interesting that when you read the recalls for 2006 Ridgeline, the Driver's side applies to all 2006 (it appears), while the passenger's side recall is defined as still being limited to states with high humidity (listed in recall definition text). ALSO note that there are TWO passenger side recalls for those high-humidity states; one for the frontal passenger side, and one for the "side" airbag on the passenger side. So three airbags total for those humid states.

The above info shows when you query 2006 Ridgeline generically (w/o VIN).

thought I'd throw a little gas on this fire.

I received a notice for recall on my 2006 a couple days ago. This will be the second notice they've sent me, and the second notice I sent back to them.

I have not owned this truck for three years. So some poor sap is driving around with no notice that his truck has been recalled.

The notice also said, and I quote, "even if your vehicle was previously repaired, your vehicle is still covered by this recall and will need to be repaired again"

And in the best language I have seen from anybody on a recall: "The defect in these vehicles could kill or injure you or other people in your vehicle"

That's getting right to it I thought.

Discussion starter · #46 · (Edited)
On March 21st I created this thread once I heard that the air bag on my 2008 Pilot was being re-called. I spoke with 3 different Honda dealerships and Honda CS on numerous occasions. After getting no where with them I finally solved the problem; I traded in my Pilot.

Much to my surprise I was given a great trade in value at the dealership (more than I was going to ask for). After I signed the paperwork to make sure the deal was done (Tuesday) I asked my salesman about the recall and that my Pilot had not had the airbag replaced. His response was, " our Honda store will get it fixed within the week and have it ready to sell by next Monday."

In a bitter twist of irony.... MY RECALL LETTER CAME TODAY (FRIDAY), 4 months after the recall was made. Oh well, I have always been loyal to Honda but we upgraded to an Acura MDX (I expect that recall notice in a couple years)

I am still sure my '07 Ridge will get the re-call as well, just playing the waiting game.

Just got my second recall letter last week for the '08 Pilot airbag recall. Gona call dealer again this week. Last time they just said I'm in their computer list and will be contacted when my part arrives.

Was thinking about trying the "I want a temp rental car til part arrives" threat next time I call. Wonder what they will say. Bad thing if they come thru and want to keep my Pilot during the wait, I need my Pilot to haul gear at least 2-4 times a month. I doubt I'd get a SUV as temp auto. But I may just try it. May find that my name slides up the wait list quickly.

I too am at this point just online SUV shopping. Just joined the Kia Sorento owners club to read up on the '16 Sorento I'm considering as trade for my '08 Pilot.
Have to go test drive the Sorento to see if it doesn't feel too small compared to my Pilot. Also, considering the 4Runner, HL, Jeep GC and others. Mostly looking at mid-sized SUV's. I will see if I can live with the smaller sized vehicles.

I took my 2006 in for an oil change 3 weeks ago, ordered the airbag recall part, and left on a long trip. The part came in while I was away, and I took it in for the replacement last week.
I had to wait about 30 minutes; pretty hassle free.

The service manager told me that Honda was shipping out 250,000 recall kits out per day. Pretty impressive, if true.

Today I recieved the official recall notice.

PS. During the earlier oil change service, they diagnosed the "beach ball man" intermittent warning light I'd been getting as a (drivers' side) seat belt connector failure, and also fixed that gratis.

I'm remain darned impressed with this truck, but then I still haven't crossed 50,000 miles with it yet (soon, though!).

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Just got my second recall letter last week for the '08 Pilot airbag recall. Gona call dealer again this week. Last time they just said I'm in their computer list and will be contacted when my part arrives.

Was thinking about trying the "I want a temp rental car til part arrives" threat next time I call. Wonder what they will say. Bad thing if they come thru and want to keep my Pilot during the wait, I need my Pilot to haul gear at least 2-4 times a month. I doubt I'd get a SUV as temp auto. But I may just try it. May find that my name slides up the wait list quickly.

I too am at this point just online SUV shopping. Just joined the Kia Sorento owners club to read up on the '16 Sorento I'm considering as trade for my '08 Pilot.
Have to go test drive the Sorento to see if it doesn't feel too small compared to my Pilot. Also, considering the 4Runner, HL, Jeep GC and others. Mostly looking at mid-sized SUV's. I will see if I can live with the smaller sized vehicles.
We recently traded our '08 Pilot and were looking at 3 specific vehicles: 2012-2015 Pilot; 2014-new Sorento; 2012-2013 Acura MDX

I drove the Sorento SXL AND LIKED IT. NICE TECHNOLOGY, FAIRLY GOOD QUALITY MATERIALS.
PROBS: suspension a little stiff, take a HUGE hit in depreciation when you buy it new. ? Reliability after 5-6 years.

2012-2015 Honda Pilot TOURING also liked it a great deal. Very large compared to my '08 Pilot,, holds value
Probs. Technology was "ok," NOT A FAN OF THE "boxy look."

2012-2013 Acura MDX: shockingly, certified used MDX's compared in price with 2012-2015 Pilots. Ride is incredible with the bigger engine. Leather is plush, sound system is amazing. Hands down the best of the 3!
Probs: takes premium fuel... Only about $6 more a fill-up.

Consider looking at a 2011-2013 Acura MDX or RDX (if you want smaller). We were looking at 2012-2015 Pilots and they were too big and cost as much as a used 2011-2013 MDX.

The MDX was the perfect size we needed. Try and find a low-mileage certified one. I think you will be surprised how much easier it is to work with the Acura salespeople. The services they offer are great as well.

I purchased mine at Park Acura in Akron, Ohio

Received my second recall notice yesterday for the driver side airbag actuator replacement. Called my dealer Monday. Dropped it off Monday after work, and picked it up yesterday after work. Recall complete. I have a great dealer. Easy peasy.

I received the letter last week. I scheduled the removal and replacement for today (7/29/'15). It took 30 minutes.

The letter stated that this is recall # 15-040. Apparently, some of you folks had yours replaced with a previous recall notice (which I never received a letter for).

I suspect the first one was using Takata air bag actuators (which are still suspect).

I also suspect that this recall, 15-040, is using actuators from another supplier that Honda has contracted with.

I have no proof of this (and the service writer didn't know/wouldn't say).

At any rate, this is *one* less thing I have to worry about now.

....I also suspect that this recall, 15-040, is using actuators from another supplier that Honda has contracted with.....
Honda is using more than one supplier for the replacements since they have 24,500,000 to replace they needed more production but a substantial amount of those are coming from Takata still.

They are having to re-recall 400,000 inflators but the last I read they wouldn't start replacing those until after all of the original ones that need recalled had been replaced. It appears that what they are calling "batwing" style pellets in those inflators are more prone to breaking down so the problem would come back after time in use.

"Nailing down the root cause and determining which of Takata’s several inflator designs is implicated has been tough for Takata, the automakers, and independent investigators to establish. It now appears there are multiple causes, as well as several contributing factors, including poor quality control in manufacture, several years of exposure in high heat and humidity regions, and even the design of the car itself. If the propellant wafers break down, due to high humidity or another cause, the result is that the propellant burns too rapidly, creating excessive pressure in the inflator body."

Received my second recall notice yesterday for the driver side airbag actuator replacement. ...
I'm curious, was that just the second notice or a notice for a second recall?

It took 30 minutes.
In and out in 45 minutes.
I came here to ask: Do they take-apart the dashboard to do the steering wheel repair? and I guess the answer is NO or it would take a lot more time than this.

I think my Passenger airbag is flaky but if I ask them to fix that one too then it's going to take a looong time (and I hate when they take the dash apart cuz it seems to develop another rattle each time)!

I have a 2012 RL Sport which, according to Honda's website is being recalled for the Takata airbag inflator....however, when I keyed in my VIN number into their search box - it came back with no recalls for my vehicle. So are they recalling just SOME of the 2012s or is there an error?

Every Ridgeline will be recalled, the current "VIN" Search hasn't been updated to include all of them as of yet, The "VIN" Search should be updated by March, IIRC.

Check Out this thread for more info

My question is......Do all years require the same part number for the drivers side air bag? Will the ones that Honda has been installing in the 06's this past year work in all subsequent MY's? I haven't heard that it is the same part number.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.