Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just received the recall notice today in the mail.
Transport Canada No.: 2022-320
Campaign No.: P25
August 2022

I found 4 other threads here that reference this issue if anyone can do a merge.

I'll have to check with my mechanic because I know they did something last year (replaced bolts) because of rust - I'm just not sure where.
FYI, my recall notice says:
In the exceptional case that any of your vehicle's rear frame rails fail the inspection criteria, dealers will provide you with an offer to purchase your vehicle. The purchase price offered will be a pre-determined value that is calculated taking into account key vehicle attributes, such as model year, trim, and mileage. The price offered will also include a bonus amount over and above the vehicle's estimated value. Where a vehicle fails the rear frame inspection, dealers will provide you with temporary alternative transportation, free-of-charge, until the vehicle purchase process is complete.
NB My bolding.

Oddly enough, I put my first call into a Honda Dealership yesterday. I wanted to book an appointment for a 3 year brake fluid change and get them to take a look at the alarm system that goes off on it's own. I'm still waiting for them to return the call. Not a good start for my first ever visit to a dealership for service in my life.

I'll be following this thread.

·
Registered
253 Posts
One more thread that discusses the issue.
Post 64 has pictures
Post 71 has a 41 page document outlining the repair.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I dropped mine off late this afternoon for an appointment tomorrow.

It was my first time In my life that I brought a vehicle in to a dealership for service. I was not impressed.

I left voice mail last week with the service manager wanting to bring my RL in for a diagnostic / fix of the alarm system and a 3 year brake fluid change. Then the recall notice came in. I called the service manager a 2nd time and left VM again with no mention of the recall. This time they returned my call. Said they would have one of their service advisors give me a call to schedule.

Shortly afterwards, I spoke with the service advisor, after giving them my VIN they could ID me and the vehicle. We discussed the 3 items that needed work and set up a time. This AM I got a call to confirm / or remind me of the appointment & I repeated that I would be dropping it off at the end of the day today.

Upon arrival today I went through their drive through check in process. I would up giving the guy with the tablet the info 3 times before it finally accepted it. Then I had to go inside. Once again, I had to repeat the info as the tablet info did not get to their computer. Repeating myself 2X more, I was finally able to get them add in the alarm diagnostic fix and brake fluid change. I was told it would be ready for pickup at the end of the day. Thye were a little PO'd that I wouldn't give them my cell #, I gave them my home number as that is where I will be.

TBH, I'm not sure if it is their equipment or the operators that need a reboot. Damn frustrating.

I'll post once I get my wheels back or have a report of some kind.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Got a call from the dealership after 12, the recall and replacing the brake fluid were done. They had still to work on the alarm issue. Around 3:30 they called to say it was ready for pickup.

I made it down to the dealer. They didn't charge me for the alarm diagnostics as they couldn't find anything wrong. They did suggest to keep an eye on the rear left door though.

They provided a receipt with the services performed. One said "multi point inspection" - "please attach battery test" @ N/C, with the alarm listed separately. The recall was listed as Procedure A. They also had the complimentary exterior wash listed that was not done - although they did say not to wash the vehicle for 3 days. No mention of the absorbent pads they were to provide (as listed in the service procedure document). Nor any mention of retorquing the rear wheels they were supposed to remove to perform the procedure.

I checked their online appointment system this morning & this evening. They have my vehicle listed via my tel #. Both times it shows as the recall as required service. My guess is they don't update data in real time which might explain all the snafu's getting the vehicle into their system from the floor.

Other than the IT glitches, my first experience with a dealership worked out OK. I'll climb under it over the weekend to see if I can see what they did. I also need to check the A/C drain for blockages as I got water in my glove box..

·
Registered
253 Posts
One person in Canada had 260k on his was offered 2700 us money
@Farther - Found it for you, link and quote below:
I just spoke with the dealership.
I have the 2006 base model Ridgeline with 422,523 KMS the underside is rotten and the vehicle is no longer roadworthy. The Service Manager indicated the buy-back would be around $2900.00
The conversion to miles is about right. Dollar conversion works out to about $2240 USD

·
Registered
253 Posts
How can an unsafe vehicle be traded in, or sold. It just doesn’t seem right.
Three thoughts come to mind.
1. The recall notice gets attached to the VIN. Anybody doing their due diligence would purchase a CarFax report which should/would show if the recall was performed.
2. I plugged my VIN into my local Dealership with their online appointment system and it showed the outstanding recall attached to the vehicle without inputting any of my info.
2. I wonder if Honda would "brand" an unsafe vehicle to the insurance industry. Much like a vehicle that was in an accident or went for a swim, then written off as salvage. I recall my ins co telling me that a vehicle we had purchased was previously written off before they insured it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Offered $6725.00 Canadian. ... Honda offer is not good. Spent 5000.00 in the last two months on the truck.
They are likely going by the "book value" of the vehicle.
I think it was the Kelly Red Book that is in the reference section of my local library that I used to look up the value of Ridgelines when I was looking to buy used.

Seeing as you are in Ontario & the vehicle was purchased recently. The UVIP (Used Vehicle Information Package) that should have been part of the sales process has values listed on it. If you bought the vehicle without getting one, drop by a Service Ontario location and buy one for $20.

Doing the research and having receipts might give you some negotiating room with Honda.

I plugged some of your details into the Kelly Blue Book website Kelley Blue Book - KBB.ca as best as I could - they did not have a RTL listed. For a 2007 4WD Crew Cab EX-L w/Moonroof & Navi 255 HP they give a "trade in value of" ~ < $7000 CAD (214,600 km & good condition)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts